Re: My Anthill Garnet ring...

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
RS I'm thrilled you like your anthill garnet ring! I'm hopeful that I will love my purchases! Shipping for me looks like I will get mine on Saturday! I'm very excited!

I can't remember which ring you decided on? Was the three flower ring? I went all in on Anthill garnet and got several pieces. Can.not.wait!

So glad you like it!
Yes, it was the three flower. I was tempted by others but decided to go only with one. But now that I know I will order more. I made the “going all in” mistake (for me anyway) with the Emeraldine quartz. During the shows they made it look so much like emeralds, even with inclusions, in fact it was even SAID they made it with inclusions.
The stuff looks like pure green glass. So fake looking. I only took one piece out of the box, put it back and and there they all remain. I ordered two rings, earrings and a necklace. Bah.
I bought an Emeraldine quartz months ago. The green is way too bright to be convincing, at least to me. Im keeping the ring because I may use the setting for another stone.
It IS too bright! It looks like an apple flavored Jolly Rancher.

In fact, I have not purchased ANY of their quartz since. I just had no more faith in it. I have some of their older pieces...living coral, alexite, different blues, peacock, midnight fuchsia and more. I love all of it.
The emeraldine soured me on their quartz quality go forward.
Last edited by RS 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

Yes, it was the three flower. I was tempted by others but decided to go only with one. But now that I know I will order more. I made the “going all in” mistake (for me anyway) with the Emeraldine quartz. During the shows they made it look so much like emeralds, even with inclusions, in fact it was even SAID they made it with inclusions.
The stuff looks like pure green glass. So fake looking. I only took one piece out of the box, put it back and and there they all remain. I ordered two rings, earrings and a necklace. Bah.
I bought an Emeraldine quartz months ago. The green is way too bright to be convincing, at least to me. Im keeping the ring because I may use the setting for another stone.
It IS too bright! It looks like an apple flavored Jolly Rancher.
Thats a perfect description!
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
RS I'm thrilled you like your anthill garnet ring! I'm hopeful that I will love my purchases! Shipping for me looks like I will get mine on Saturday! I'm very excited!

I can't remember which ring you decided on? Was the three flower ring? I went all in on Anthill garnet and got several pieces. Can.not.wait!

So glad you like it!
Happy that you shared your experience with Emeraldine quartz as I have admired it here and thought about it a time or two to purchase but decided on other pieces first....with the thought....one day I will get a piece. Now I won't! Thanks for sharing this.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

Happy that you shared your experience with Emeraldine quartz as I have admired it here and thought about it a time or two to purchase but decided on other pieces first....with the thought....one day I will get a piece. Now I won't! Thanks for sharing this.
I think I have seen other posts where people like it. I just think they missed the mark on that one.
1 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

‼️💥‼️YAY!! I just got notification that my 🐜hill garnet order is arriving tomorrow😻💥🎉🎊‼️‼️
3 x

Gemsnob

4 years ago
‼️💥‼️YAY!! I just got notification that my 🐜hill garnet order is arriving tomorrow😻💥🎉🎊‼️‼️
Cant wait to hear about it! I hope you love it!!
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
:giddy: Thank you, Gemsnob - I do too! I just love the thought of ants mining them! That is just too sweet!

Now, I love critters - ALL critters - I love insects, reptiles (yes snakes) and anything that breathes air. I've never owned reptiles (mostly because they smell), but I have had aquariums all my life and I particularly love praying mantis. I always put a praying mantis in my large kitchen windows to take care of any insect that comes in the house accidentally in the summer when opening doors/garage. They are KILLERS! haahaha! I've rescued everything too and found homes for many many cats and dogs. I've given mouth to mouth (no touching but through my fingers) to lizards, frogs, snakes, birds) when caught by my Maine Coon cat (who is like a tiger). I'm a HUGE hummingbird lover and have been known to have up to 20 feeders. Sorry for the rant! ...or hijack? omg. :bashful:
2 x

Gemsnob

4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
:giddy: Thank you, Gemsnob - I do too! I just love the thought of ants mining them! That is just too sweet!

Now, I love critters - ALL critters - I love insects, reptiles (yes snakes) and anything that breathes air. I've never owned reptiles (mostly because they smell), but I have had aquariums all my life and I particularly love praying mantis. I always put a praying mantis in my large kitchen windows to take care of any insect that comes in the house accidentally in the summer when opening doors/garage. They are KILLERS! haahaha! I've rescued everything too and found homes for many many cats and dogs. I've given mouth to mouth (no touching but through my fingers) to lizards, frogs, snakes, birds) when caught by my Maine Coon cat (who is like a tiger). I'm a HUGE hummingbird lover and have been known to have up to 20 feeders. Sorry for the rant! ...or hijack? omg. :bashful:
Oooommmgggg!! I didnt even read everything! I saw reptiles and praying mantis! I had a boa for 18 years. I had to find her a new home about three years ago because I was sick. As far as mantises! I use to raise them with my oldest daughter who loves insects! We had them every year for several summers. Wed let most go and keep a couple as pets. They were so tame and fun! Then we would catch new ones in the Spring. I had a Bullfrog named Prince that I raised from a tadpole. He was blind in one eye. He always loved when my husband played guitar. He lived over 5 years. I have two cats now. Cant do all the critters anymore but love nature.
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

Oooommmgggg!! I didnt even read everything! I saw reptiles and praying mantis! I had a boa for 18 years. I had to find her a new home about three years ago because I was sick. As far as mantises! I use to raise them with my oldest daughter who loves insects! We had them every year for several summers. Wed let most go and keep a couple as pets. They were so tame and fun! Then we would catch new ones in the Spring. I had a Bullfrog named Prince that I raised from a tadpole. He was blind in one eye. He always loved when my husband played guitar. He lived over 5 years. I have two cats now. Cant do all the critters anymore but love nature.
Oh geeze, I love it! I love boa's! One of my dear friends growing up, his father had a respected Snake "farm" if you will and he traveled all over the South educating students about snakes! He had a big boa too and I loved going to his house and feed/play with snakes. My friend had an unfortunate accident with a cobra once but he survived.

For a few years, I had land/water terrariums (terrariums are another passion of mine), and I would get tadpoles and watch them transform into baby frogs and then I would release them next to our lake. I love the sound of many frogs singing. Oh, and no one knows that when tadpoles grow/change into frogs, it looks PAINFUL! Once I had to rescue one frog that was drowning because hims were not too smart and had not figured out he was now air breather LOL! I started my love for praying mantis by buying them in their cocoon eggs and then release them when they are born (1,000's) and then keep one. I quickly learned you don't keep two. :shock: But praying mantis HAVE GREAT PERSONALITIES! They are hilarious and will snub you if you don't bring them what they want to eat! It's like they turn their head away and say, NO THANK YOU! I named ALL of my praying mantis' "Roscoe" and I forget why. It was just easier. I can't start Spring without praying mantis eggs! I LOVE that you had a bullfrog named Prince who loved music! I swear, all animals and critters, know what love is and know what's what in this world.
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago

Oh geeze, I love it! I love boa's! One of my dear friends growing up, his father had a respected Snake "farm" if you will and he traveled all over the South educating students about snakes! He had a big boa too and I loved going to his house and feed/play with snakes. My friend had an unfortunate accident with a cobra once but he survived.

For a few years, I had land/water terrariums (terrariums are another passion of mine), and I would get tadpoles and watch them transform into baby frogs and then I would release them next to our lake. I love the sound of many frogs singing. Oh, and no one knows that when tadpoles grow/change into frogs, it looks PAINFUL! Once I had to rescue one frog that was drowning because hims were not too smart and had not figured out he was now air breather/land dweller. LOL! I started my love for praying mantis by buying them in their cocoon eggs and then release them when they are born (1,000's) and then keep one. I quickly learned you don't keep two. :shock: But praying mantis HAVE GREAT PERSONALITIES! They are hilarious and will snub you if you don't bring them what they want to eat! It's like they turn their head away and say, NO THANK YOU! I named ALL of my praying mantis' "Roscoe" and I forget why. It was just easier. I can't start Spring without praying mantis eggs! I LOVE that you had a bullfrog named Prince who loved music! I swear, all animals and critters, know what love is and know what's what in this world.
2 x