My Anthill Garnet ring...

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Re: My Anthill Garnet ring...

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

I feel a little guilty about giving you my Anthill garnet review because there's not many pieces left to purchase! :cry: With that said, I'm really, really HAPPY with all my purchases. Honestly speaking, I bought several pieces with the thought I would compare and return my least favorites - my problem is I don't have a least favorite as they are all GORGEOUS! They are vibrant with a ton of light play which gives every piece life! First impression of the stone's color was, "wow it's red!." I was hoping it was not a brownish wine in color and it's not. It's cherry red with strong continuous bright/light red flashes against red. All stones are nicely saturated and none are faded. I looked at them in different lights (bright bathroom, indoor sunshine through windows, canned lighting and lamps) and the colors remain noticeable (even at a distance from a mirror) with bright light red on a solid red. Please forgive me as I've never given reviews detailing jewelry before in my life and I don't know jewelry jargon. All are KEEPERS!

My Anthill Garnet Purchases Breakdown

3539944 Anthill Garnet Ring in Black Rhodium & Platinum Over Sterling Silver 2.62 ctw $69
This ring I was most concerned about being darkest and although it is darker than my other purchases slightly due to the black rhodium it is still a strong red. It still matches ALL of the other anthill garnet purchases below and I DO love it. In other words, if it was dark with the impression of browns - I would return it but it's not like that at all. It has life with light red flashes and it's noticeable. It's gorgeous. Keeper!

3536036 Anthill Garnet, Natural White Zircon Floral Ring in Platinum Over Sterling Silver 3.25 ctw PRICE: $87.99
This ring is beautiful! The stones are as described above but what stands out are the bright white zircons complimenting the ring. The garnet stones are smaller than my other anthill garnet rings but I don't mind because they make lovely flowers. I will wear this ring on my other hand. The setting is more flat (not so much my favorite thing) as I wish the ring had more loft but that is still NOT a detriment. The setting is weighty. Love it! Keeper!

3536044 Anthill Garnet Earrings in Platinum Over Sterling Silver 1.75 ctw PRICE: $39.99
These sweet little earring are very pretty and lend the least to flash as well as the others because the stones are small and setting they are placed in has weight/thickness around the stones that hinders their brightness but again, this is NOT a detriment as the stones are quite red. They match well with the other pieces and I'm well pleased. Keeper!

3535687 Anthill Garnet, Zircon Ring and Pendant Necklace (20 in) in Platinum Over Sterling Silver (Avg. 10.35 g) 4.14 ctw PRICE: $129.99
THRILLED with this duo set as it is my favorite purchase of all the Anthill pieces. The setting is key as it compliments the stones to make them shine bright. IThe settings are substantial and weighty. LOVE these two. Keeper!
Last edited by OtherSideOfTheTracks 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
6 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
I feel a little guilty about giving you my Anthill garnet review because there's not many pieces left to purchase! :cry: With that said, I'm really, really HAPPY with all my purchases. Honestly speaking, I bought several pieces with the thought I would compare and return my least favorites - my problem is I don't have a least favorite as they are all GORGEOUS! They are vibrant with a ton of light play which gives every piece life! First impression of the stone's color was, "wow it's red!." I was hoping it was not a brownish wine in color and it's not. It's cherry red with strong continuous bright/light red flashes against red. All stones are nicely saturated and none are faded. I looked at them in different lights (bright bathroom, indoor sunshine through windows, canned lighting and lamps) and the colors remain noticeable (even at a distance from a mirror) with bright light red on a solid red. Please forgive me as I've never given reviews detailing jewelry before in my life and I don't know jewelry jargon. All are KEEPERS!

3539944 Anthill Garnet Ring in Black Rhodium & Platinum Over Sterling Silver 2.62 ctw $69
This ring I was most concerned about being darkest and although it is darker than my other purchases slightly due to the black rhodium it is still a strong red. It still matches ALL of the other anthill garnet purchases below and I DO love it. In other words, if it was dark with the impression of browns - I would return it but it's not like that at all. It has life with light red flashes and it's noticeable. It's gorgeous. Keeper!

3536036 Anthill Garnet, Natural White Zircon Floral Ring in Platinum Over Sterling Silver 3.25 ctw PRICE: $87.99
This ring is beautiful! The stones are as described above but what stands out are the bright white zircons complimenting the ring. The garnet stones are smaller than my other anthill garnet rings but I don't mind because they make lovely flowers. I will wear this ring on my other hand. The setting is more flat (not so much my favorite thing) as I wish the ring had more loft but that is still NOT a detriment. The setting is weighty. Love it! Keeper!

3536044 Anthill Garnet Earrings in Platinum Over Sterling Silver 1.75 ctw PRICE: $39.99
These sweet little earring are very pretty and lend the least to flash as well as the others because the stones are small and setting they are placed in has weight/thickness around the stones that hinders their brightness but again, this is NOT a detriment as the stones are quite red. They match well with the other pieces and I'm well pleased. Keeper!

3535687 Anthill Garnet, Zircon Ring and Pendant Necklace (20 in) in Platinum Over Sterling Silver (Avg. 10.35 g) 4.14 ctw PRICE: $129.99
THRILLED with this duo set and its my favorite purchase of all the Anthill pieces. The setting is key as it compliments the stones to make them shine bright. IThe settings are substantial and weighty. LOVE these two. Keeper!
All of your pieces sounds absolutely BEAUTIFUL ❗
So happy for you 🤗
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago

THRILLED with this duo set and its my favorite purchase of all the Anthill pieces. The setting is key as it compliments the stones to make them shine bright. IThe settings are substantial and weighty. LOVE these two. Keeper!
All of your pieces sounds absolutely BEAUTIFUL ❗
So happy for you 🤗
Thank you!
Last edited by OtherSideOfTheTracks 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
So several items came today, mostly good.

Firstly the Anthill Garnet ring is STUNNING! I looked it over with a loupe and it’s perfect❣️ The color actually IS different than your typical pyrope, it seems so to me anyway.
The color of the stones are brighter and a more vibrant red with perhaps a small, very small hint of a raspberry. The stones are beautifully clear as well. Love it! I will be looking for more, TODAY!

Secondly, and thank you again @Moderator_Danielle, was the replacement for the beaded necklace/bracelet set. Not at all expensive but I love the mix of stones and colors. Very natural and Boho.

Third! Tanzanite band ring in 10k yellow gold. The ring is beautiful. No, it’s not as dark as my other tanzanite pieces (this was graded AAA) but it is still a nice rich color. And I also happen to think that Tanzanite looks lighter in yellow gold. The ring is made perfectly. The tanzanites are channel set with zircons around the edges of the ring. Also...and I THINK someWONDERFUL MOD must have had a hand in this...it came in a Iliana box. I don’t think this is an Iliana piece in 10k. Thank you! It arrived in perfect condition I am sure partly because of the box.

Lastly...and while I really like this ring the workmanship is disappointing. It’s the diamond band TLV ring from a couple of days ago. This one is blue. The diamonds are actually very nice and I love the color. I got this one because the blue is the exact color of hubby’s new guitar LOL!
However...the person who put the blue rhodium on did a sloppy job. It overlaps the sides of the ring. I tried to get some off with my nail (yeah, ruined my nail) and some came off but the way it is put on is not a straight line, rather jagged.
I am bummed about that because I otherwise like it and I have the same ring in multi on the way as well.

So 3 out of 4.
I like the blue diamond ring and wish it was done better. Hubby loves the color too and I am surprised because he’s a D-flawless kinda guy. But he’s a guy and it IS

What kind is your Anthill Garnet, RS? I saw one that is a band ring (stackable) That one cost $19.99. Let me know.
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
So several items came today, mostly good.

Firstly the Anthill Garnet ring is STUNNING! I looked it over with a loupe and it’s perfect❣️ The color actually IS different than your typical pyrope, it seems so to me anyway.
The color of the stones are brighter and a more vibrant red with perhaps a small, very small hint of a raspberry. The stones are beautifully clear as well. Love it! I will be looking for more, TODAY!

Secondly, and thank you again @Moderator_Danielle, was the replacement for the beaded necklace/bracelet set. Not at all expensive but I love the mix of stones and colors. Very natural and Boho.

Third! Tanzanite band ring in 10k yellow gold. The ring is beautiful. No, it’s not as dark as my other tanzanite pieces (this was graded AAA) but it is still a nice rich color. And I also happen to think that Tanzanite looks lighter in yellow gold. The ring is made perfectly. The tanzanites are channel set with zircons around the edges of the ring. Also...and I THINK someWONDERFUL MOD must have had a hand in this...it came in a Iliana box. I don’t think this is an Iliana piece in 10k. Thank you! It arrived in perfect condition I am sure partly because of the box.

Lastly...and while I really like this ring the workmanship is disappointing. It’s the diamond band TLV ring from a couple of days ago. This one is blue. The diamonds are actually very nice and I love the color. I got this one because the blue is the exact color of hubby’s new guitar LOL!
However...the person who put the blue rhodium on did a sloppy job. It overlaps the sides of the ring. I tried to get some off with my nail (yeah, ruined my nail) and some came off but the way it is put on is not a straight line, rather jagged.
I am bummed about that because I otherwise like it and I have the same ring in multi on the way as well.

So 3 out of 4.
I like the blue diamond ring and wish it was done better. Hubby loves the color too and I am surprised because he’s a D-flawless kinda guy. But he’s a guy and it IS

What kind is your Anthill Garnet, RS? I saw one that is a band ring (stackable) That one cost $19.99. Let me know.[/co@Moderator_Danielle

It’s 3536035. I got it to wear as a middle finger ring...I love it!
3 x