Silver tone...

mpompadour

Re: Silver tone...

Post by mpompadour » 4 years ago

I don't buy tone jewelry UNLESS there is a really pretty gemstone(s) in it and I pop it out for some other purpose. For me it's either real gold, sterling silver, and on occasion stainless steel. I've had good luck with most of the stainless steel jewelry. One thing for sure, it's durable. ;)
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I don’t buy tone. I want real precious metal. However, I do have some Karis items I purchased when I first came to SLC. I had no idea what they were and the descriptions at that time did not say. None of my Karis items have ever worn off. Maybe I just haven’t worn them much. I wish they were not brass because I do like the designs.
I just would not buy tone unless you were buying something for a costume or something that might only be worn once or twice.
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

I dont buy tone either for all the reasons stated above
I'd rather pay more for better quality
2 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Amy wrote:
4 years ago
Can I get some opinions on silvertone, rose tone, etc? I’ve passed up a lot of cute jewelry because it’s not sterling. Just don’t want to waste my $. Thanks for your help. 🌸
All the Tones turn me several different colors. Some of the things are cute but I can't wear them.
1 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I will not buy it, the finish will wear off quickly and I can not wear it in my ears at all.
Me either. It hurts.
0 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Yeah and if you are like me your ears will bow up like puffer fish!
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
Guess I will be the odd man out again lol. I don't buy a lot of tone pieces because I do want things that last, but I have bought tone pieces from them on 10.00 and less day, such as genuine bead necklaces, and a couple of the rhinestone earrings, and the feather earrings. So far finish is fine on the necklaces, and I only wear the earrings for a little while when going out sometimes, then wipe the posts and put them back in armoire. If I really like something, and the price is right, I buy it. A girl has to have a little costume jewelry, too, and it usually costs a lot more in the department stores. So I do buy the costume from them occasionally if I really like the item.
Oh WAIT...I remember those feather (metal) earrings with the multi colored stones! I did buy a pair of those. I bought them to use in making a sun catcher for the French doors at my daughter’s house.
So, not to be worn.
0 x

Maggie1295

Post by Maggie1295 » 4 years ago

Silvertone and goldtone are mystery metals, cheap ones that the industry uses in costume jewelry. It can be anything.
0 x