Re: Royston Turquoise!!

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

honey wrote:
4 years ago
I thought that the Royston is pretty, ...varied to the degree that if I
wanted a piece, that I would have to eyeball all if it to choose which
to fall in love with. I do not care to gamble what the warehouse would
grab and ship. just sayin'
Honey, my feelings exactly! With my luck I’d get an all brown piece with a tiny bit of green that was shaped like something obscene. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
5 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
honey wrote:
4 years ago
Honey, my feelings exactly! With my luck I’d get an all brown piece with a tiny bit of green that was shaped like something obscene. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OBSCENE!!!! ha! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm sure if there were any runts in the litter that you and
I would get them!
4 x

ChiChi2

Post by ChiChi2 » 4 years ago

I think there was a time that most of those “gems” would have been not gem quality.
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

I saw Royston Turquoise in another site but it's too expensive for me. Lovely pattern.
1 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
honey wrote:
4 years ago
haha! I looked at the remaining pieces and is it me? Has anyone ever used a dremel tool with a drill bit? Those stones look very much like someone used a dremel to drill away the brown to show the blue. Look close and you see the indentions of the drill tip. Also, look at the straight lines. A lot of the stones favor each other in their brown/blue shapes. It's lovely and I guess it's no different than "treating" a sapphire or tanzanite? I don't know but it doesn't look natural to me as far as the color coming through the stone. I'll pass.
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago
honey wrote:
4 years ago
haha! I looked at the remaining pieces and is it me? Has anyone ever used a dremel tool with a drill bit? Those stones look very much like someone used a dremel to drill away the brown to show the blue. Look close and you see the indentions of the drill tip. Also, look at the straight lines. A lot of the stones favor each other in their brown/blue shapes. It's lovely and I guess it's no different than "treating" a sapphire or tanzanite? I don't know but it doesn't look natural to me as far as the color coming through the stone. I'll pass.
I like this turquoise. I think a * name would be "Boulder Turquoise". I like its uniqueness.
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago

I like this turquoise. I think a * name would be "Boulder Turquoise". I like its uniqueness.
I think the color is divine! I would like to have a natural stone tho and not one where the matrix has been drilled away to show it for me personally. The color is great. I'm going to look for it elsewhere though.
0 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Actually, I do see a few pieces that look natural to me.... imma shopping.
1 x