QUESTION GEM FOLK!!!!!!

RS

QUESTION GEM FOLK!!!!!!

Post by RS » 4 years ago

About blue topaz.

It’s not supposed to be clear underneath....right?

And I swear I see what looks like layers, like a triplet.

So this wouldn’t be blue topaz?

I should be shocked as this looks like quartz.
3 x

JewelryQueen

Re: QUESTION GEM FOLK!!!!!!

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I am not an expert here but if the stone is not bezel set look at it from the side. If it looks clear and/or not the same color as when viewed from the top my money is on quartz triplet.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I am not an expert here but if the stone is not bezel set look at it from the side. If it looks clear and/or not the same color as when viewed from the top my money is on quartz triplet.
I looked again when I went upstairs last night. The side of the stone actually has what looks like a silver coating (paint?) on it. And the underside of the stone is not blue.
I BET quartz.
I am angry.

So what do I do with this info? I am certainly not going to return it because well...you know.
SLC has a big problem.
And the item is still on the site.
🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Was this sold as just "blue topaz"? Not a specific color of blue topaz? Any color of blue topaz is heated all the way through. Its not coated, its not a triplet. I have seen on this network and the J, jewelry sold with just "blue topaz" and I wondered why they didnt specify the color. London blue, sky blue, electric. Something isnt right.
3 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

RS, you need to reference ourrrr own......Gemaholic!!!!
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Was this sold as just "blue topaz"? Not a specific color of blue topaz? Any color of blue topaz is heated all the way through. Its not coated, its not a triplet. I have seen on this network and the J, jewelry sold with just "blue topaz" and I wondered why they didnt specify the color. London blue, sky blue, electric. Something isnt right.
Yep, just “blue topaz”. I don’t recall what was said during the presentation. But the info page just say that. It’s item # 3258311

Tenner was selling it when I bought it.😔
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

honey wrote:
4 years ago
RS, you need to reference ourrrr own......Gemaholic!!!!
I plan to...today! It was so late last night and I was tired. Thanks❣️❣️
2 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

The term blue topaz is usually used if it is not a specialty topaz such as London Blue or Swiss, that is a common practice and I have lots of blue topaz but none I mine looks coated. Do you have a jewelers loop so you can get a better look RS? Someone gave me a gift at Christmas of blue topaz ring and the matching earring and they purchased them at JC Penny and they look weird like that, clear on the bottom, they look nothing like my other blue topaz jewelry items so I went to their website to look and it just said blue topaz but It looks like a triplet or something.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
The term blue topaz is usually used if it is not a specialty topaz such as London Blue or Swiss, that is a common practice and I have lots of blue topaz but none I mine looks coated. Do you have a jewelers loop so you can get a better look RS? Someone gave me a gift at Christmas of blue topaz ring and the matching earring and they purchased them at JC Penny and they look weird like that, clear on the bottom, they look nothing like my other blue topaz jewelry items so I went to their website to look and it just said blue topaz but It looks like a triplet or something.
I do have a loupe. I looked closely and also compared them to my other blue topaz. It is NOT the same as my others. I am not pleased.
2 x

Pittiemom

Post by Pittiemom » 4 years ago

I have several pieces of blue topaz and none have a clear type color anywhere. I'd take pictures or at the very least call CS and if necessary ask to speak to a supervisor to get another stone or a refund.
1 x