New SLC purchases I received

Rolltide

New SLC purchases I received

Post by Rolltide » 6 months ago

I ordered two of the rhodolite garnets from their last show and received them a few days ago. None of the stones were bright with open color as the rings displayed on tv had, so I sent them back yesterday. They had darker areas on all stones, almost looked blackened, where did not have the open color. That is why this stone is used primarily in very small pieces as accents, because the bigger you go, no open color. And I am speaking only of the Orissa rhodolite garnets.
4 x

Topic Tags:

Blossom

Re: New SLC purchases I received

Post by Blossom » 6 months ago

Rolltide wrote:
6 months ago
I ordered two of the rhodolite garnets from their last show and received them a few days ago. None of the stones were bright with open color as the rings displayed on tv had, so I sent them back yesterday. They had darker areas on all stones, almost looked blackened, where did not have the open color. That is why this stone is used primarily in very small pieces as accents, because the bigger you go, no open color. And I am speaking only of the Orissa rhodolite garnets.
Others here have voiced their displeasure w/garnet being so dark it was almost black. Kinda defeats the purpose.
5 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 6 months ago

I sent back all of mine from that last show, it was all very dark with bright red flashes and my smaller ones that I for were red like regular rhodolite, none of it looked even close to my other Orissia material.
3 x

Rolltide

Post by Rolltide » 6 months ago

Right, well both of these rings were of the pink/purple variety, not red, but the ones on air appeared lighter/leaning to pink, and with brighter open color. The ones I received leaned to purple, but the purple hues were very dark, very closed color, so I sent them back, was not what I wanted or what I understood I would receive. That is why I won't order anymore. It is just wasted money on shipping both ways that you do not get back, and even if was a pendant received with knotted up, unusable chain and such, there are no guarantees you will get full refund, even if you call when you receive it and tell them, and get ok, for when they receive it at warehouse they can and will report the item as fine, and then will keep your shipping and handling. I am going to see if any laws govern this to prevent them, but at least in the meantime they can feel good about the loss of hundreds a month from me, and rejoice and throw a party that every 10 or so items, they will not have to work on the phone to try to do their jobs with me simply because I expect it when there is a problem with something (defective item, overdue refund, item not shipping, item cancelled that I ordered to go with 2 other items to make a suite, was told something was cancelled, then it shipped, etc., etc., etc.). Sorry for my disposition but it is all I have left for this company.
1 x