So bummed!!!

D-Flawless

So bummed!!!

Post by D-Flawless » 4 years ago

My beautiful Sokoto Emerald necklace arrived broken! It is a very delicate piece with the chain attached on each end and they literally shoved it into a box that was too small and broke it! I’m soooo bummed because by the time I return it and it gets processed it will be long gone. Why can’t the people packing things up see that they are dealing with delicate jewelry?!? This is so frustrating and disappointing! 😢💎💚 At least other vendors have the sense to package their items in boxes they actually fit in and seem to care about the condition things arrive in!
10 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Re: So bummed!!!

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

Surely, SLC keeps up with who packs the items to be shipped nd can trace down the employee that is haphazardly packing items? My imagination runs wild. I see one person who doesn't care about their job, the customer or the company (SLC) and is just fulfilling orders as fast as possible any way possible. One person could create major havoc.
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
My beautiful Sokoto Emerald necklace arrived broken! It is a very delicate piece with the chain attached on each end and they literally shoved it into a box that was too small and broke it! I’m soooo bummed because by the time I return it and it gets processed it will be long gone. Why can’t the people packing things up see that they are dealing with delicate jewelry?!? This is so frustrating and disappointing! 😢💎💚 At least other vendors have the sense to package their items in boxes they actually fit in and seem to care about the condition things arrive in!
I sooooo feel for you. Maddening😡😡😡😡
5 x

D-Flawless

RS wrote:
4 years ago
D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
Thanks RS! It was the last item of my Emerald spree too! *! At least the ring in that order arrived in one piece...also a beautiful large leafy spray of Emeralds set in gold...it’s gorgeous! I’ll probably try to have my local jeweler try to repair the necklace because it’s also in gold to match the ring. What a pain though and unnecessary added expense! 🤬💰
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
D-Flawless wrote:
4 years ago
Thanks RS! It was the last item of my Emerald spree too! *! At least the ring in that order arrived in one piece...also a beautiful large leafy spray of Emeralds set in gold...it’s gorgeous! I’ll probably try to have my local jeweler try to repair the necklace because it’s also in gold to match the ring. What a pain though and unnecessary added expense! 🤬💰
I feel for you there too...I paid to have a wallet fixed due to their poor design at my expense. I paid more than I paid for the wallet.
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

I too feel for you. I have a beautiful 5ct candle light champagne diamond bracelet in gold that is in three pieces. The downside is I haven't been able to come up with the funds to fix it. The upside is I didn't/couldn't sell it when I was selling my high end jewelry off in an attempt to pay my medical bills when I had cancer.
3 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I believe the Sokoto Emerald necklace was already broken.Thats why the packer was able to put it into a small plastic baggie.
That's how they shipped my 3ct green diamond necklace. Twice put into a small baggie. If the bar necklace did not have a broken link, it never would have fit into a small baggie. I took it to my jeweler. I thought he can glue it. Nope😬 He said its expensive to fix it. I returned it. Not right. Us having to wait in long lines at the post office to return it. Maybe if they have to pick it up from our homes if it arrives damaged, they would hire Quality control people to check items before they are shipped.
3 x

D-Flawless

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
I believe the Sokoto Emerald necklace was already broken.Thats why the packer was able to put it into a small plastic baggie.
That's how they shipped my 3ct green diamond necklace. Twice put into a small baggie. If the bar necklace did not have a broken link, it never would have fit into a small baggie. I took it to my jeweler. I thought he can glue it. Nope😬 He said its expensive to fix it. I returned it. Not right. Us having to wait in long lines at the post office to return it. Maybe if they have to pick it up from our homes if it arrives damaged, they would hire Quality control people to check items before they are shipped.
Hi Vicky! With mine it’s hard to tell but still a bummer! I understand in order to keep the lights on they have to move a great deal of volume but in the war of Quality Vs. Quantity...quantity seems to emerge victorious more and more these days! I still love ShopLC but I have definite concerns about this trend! Maybe it’s time for me to stop buying jewelry?!? 🤷🏼‍♀️💎 I usually return things from my office so I don’t have to deal with the post office....so that’s a big plus! I hate returning things!
3 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Hi D-flawless,
I too hate returning things. I must say that at least to me, the $10-$20 items mostly come beautifully packed.
Where I have issues are with the higher end Diamond, Grandidierite, etc. orders.
This makes me believe that maybe the lower end items are made and packed in India, where the factories are run differently. They only hire and keep the best workers.
Here in the USA there are all kind of Employee regulations. Less then competent employees often continue at the job.
I might be wrong with my conclusions, but consistently I receive damaged high end items.
When I contacted Customer service about a damaged $1100 Grandidierite, I told him I would like an exchange, so could someone from Quality control eyeball the exchange to make sure that one isn't defective. He told me: I am sorry— we dont have a Quality control person.
I was shocked 😱So no one is checking the items before it’s shipped, except the packer who probably was given no training in recognizing Defective Gemstone and metals.
The new Management team is mainly concentrating on attracting high end buyers to this site, ignoring important issues, we have.
We are the foundation that Shoplc flourishes on. What happens when a beautifully decorated house has a crumbling foundation ?? Unless Shoplc takes care of it’s long time customers concerns, their beautiful Mansion will start to CRUMBLE ☹️
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

That's what I don't understand, the inconsistency, I have rec'd packages that were packaged so poorly that the items inside were badly damaged and you're left thinking.......they've got to be kidding

And then I have rec'd packages that were properly packaged then double packaged or in beautiful high end boxes. And beautiful NON DEFECTIVE jewelry was delivered

So I know it can be done

Suggestion-
SLC trace the good packaging reviews back to the employee....give them a raise & promote them to a quality control rep. to train and supervise the others to spot the shipping of defective items and poorly packaged shipments.
4 x