Black light “parlor trick” and Burmese rubies

ChiChi2

Black light “parlor trick” and Burmese rubies

Post by ChiChi2 » 4 years ago

I own Burmese rubies, fissure filled rubies and a couple of lab created stones, they all glow equally under a black light. If that is the case, why do the hosts make such a big deal of the fluorescence?
3 x

Gemsnob

Re: Black light “parlor trick” and Burmese rubies

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

ChiChi2 wrote:
4 years ago
I own Burmese rubies, fissure filled rubies and a couple of lab created stones, they all glow equally under a black light. If that is the case, why do the hosts make such a big deal of the fluorescence?
Ive often wondered this. I see other network hosts do the same thing but only with Burmese rubies.
5 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

I agree. All my Ruby including FF ones, and in fact other gemstones light up under a black light. Only if the stone has alot of iron, will it not fluoresce under the black light !! Tge Hosts are trying to impress newbies who dont know that just because it glows under a black light, it's not the same as color changing stones.
3 x

Vicky

I agree. All my Ruby including FF ones, and in fact other gemstones light up under a black light. Only if the stone has alot of iron, will it not fluoresce under the black light !! Tge Hosts are trying to impress newbies who dont know that just because it glows under a black light, it's not the same as color changing stones such as Alexandrite.
0 x

Vicky

I agree. All my Ruby including FF ones, and in fact other gemstones light up under a black light. Only if the stone has alot of iron, will it not fluoresce under the black light !! The Hosts are trying to impress newbies who dont know that just because it glows under a black light, it's not the same as color changing stones such as Alexandrite.
0 x

PUNKSTER

Post by PUNKSTER » 4 years ago

Couldn't find the right spot but this is good too as lots of you will read. Yesterday I was foolish enuf to buy 2 sleeping beauty bracelets while they were in "Arizona" they were 1000.00 ea. Last night i went to the website and they had one left with a 30% discount, which i purchased. 300 bucks is a ton of money in anyones wallet. The total when i received the billing was 1000 plus the tax etc. I called them and they 'said' they would refund the 300 but we will see. They guaranteed full refund on the 2 in AZ., also free shipping. I also got billed for 6 bucks for the shipping. I called and had that refunded. This co is going to work itself into the ground, if it isn't on the way yet. I have spent many thousands there, and i am now closing my account, for good, as i am tired of the begging, poor quality, and having to pay my own shipping back. I needed the bracelets, but i need nothing more forever. Sayonara shopLC, you should be ashamed of yourself. (by the way) if the tanzanites that you are so heavily trying to sell, and you are saving many thousands on them, how come dealers don't buy them from you. People who write in with there many thouands of dollars for an appraisal, should well know that appraisals are for insurance co's only and mean nothing. The item is worth what you paid (most of the time)
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

PUNKSTER wrote:
4 years ago
Couldn't find the right spot but this is good too as lots of you will read. Yesterday I was foolish enuf to buy 2 sleeping beauty bracelets while they were in "Arizona" they were 1000.00 ea. Last night i went to the website and they had one left with a 30% discount, which i purchased. 300 bucks is a ton of money in anyones wallet. The total when i received the billing was 1000 plus the tax etc. I called them and they 'said' they would refund the 300 but we will see. They guaranteed full refund on the 2 in AZ., also free shipping. I also got billed for 6 bucks for the shipping. I called and had that refunded. This co is going to work itself into the ground, if it isn't on the way yet. I have spent many thousands there, and i am now closing my account, for good, as i am tired of the begging, poor quality, and having to pay my own shipping back. I needed the bracelets, but i need nothing more forever. Sayonara shopLC, you should be ashamed of yourself. (by the way) if the tanzanites that you are so heavily trying to sell, and you are saving many thousands on them, how come dealers don't buy them from you. People who write in with there many thouands of dollars for an appraisal, should well know that appraisals are for insurance co's only and mean nothing. The item is worth what you paid (most of the time)
@PUNKSTER

I hope that you get all your refunds as promised -Gypsy
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
PUNKSTER wrote:
4 years ago
Sorry this happened to you Punkster, and I understand. I couldn't begin to tell you what I have been through with the customer service setup here. I am trying to get the last of some refunds handled, and get refund done for regular merchandise I sent to them that they removed the white tag on, replaced with yellow, and sent back to me claiming it is not clearance. As soon as I get this completed will be deleting everything as well, but I will not delete until the last is handled, whether it be by them because they take care of me, or elsewhere because they make me do it. And right now is looks like will have to be handled elsewhere.
Didnt they change the tags and send stuff back claiming it WAS clearance when in fact you purchased it during a regular show?
4 x

ChiChi2

Post by ChiChi2 » 4 years ago

Back on the topic.......yesterday Karen again used a black light on a Burmese ruby. The Burmese ruby had florescence. Karen get all excited and says only Burmese rubies fluoresce like this. Surely she know better. Why do the hosts say this?. The “G” hosts do the same thing, by the way
3 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

ChiChi2: I need to buy those light to see if my ruby pendant is fluorescent. My ruby is not fissure filled. I bought a ruby earrings from ShopLC thinking they were not fissure filled, but they are.
1 x