Blue petalite

RS

Blue petalite

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Has anyone ever seen it, have any?

I just got an email from some other place online (we all know who) advertising pops of color for fall. As I was scrolling through I saw blue petalite! It is really pretty with an almost rainbow color effect. It seems that it has to be coated or treated somehow. The site indicates that it is natural but I don’t know.
Anyone have any experience with it? I may try a piece and see if I like it. Even if coated if it is pretty that’s okay. Mystic is a coating and I like that!
5 x

Tothemoon

Re: Blue petalite

Post by Tothemoon » 4 years ago

RS: Often a host for that other j__ channel will say a gemstone is untreated, yet when you look up the item it’ll show that its heat treated, color enhanced, etc. in the case of the blue petalite if you look up one of their items under Primary Stone / enhancements it says Chemical Vapor Deposition, so yes you are right that is is a treatment like mystic topaz. I hadn’t heard of blue petalite before you mentioned it and it is a pretty stone.
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

It is pretty. I didn’t see where it said that enhancement. But I don’t mind this kind.
I will get one and see how it looks in person!
5 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

According to a gemology site it says that the gem Petalite comes in gray, yellow, greenish or reddish white, colorless, pink and white. That blue is enhanced.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
According to a gemology site it says that the gem Petalite comes in gray, yellow, greenish or reddish white, colorless, pink and white. That blue is enhanced.
Correct. It is coated like a mystic topaz.
2 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago

I just got an email from some other place online (we all know who) advertising pops of color for fall. As I was scrolling through I saw blue petalite! It is really pretty with an almost rainbow color effect. It seems that it has to be coated or treated somehow. The site indicates that it is natural but I don’t know.
Anyone have any experience with it? I may try a piece and see if I like it. Even if coated if it is pretty that’s okay. Mystic is a coating and I like that!
Good Morning,

Thank you so much for bringing this stone up to our attention. We will certainly bring up this stone to our Voice of the Customer team to suggest to the proper teams. Thank you again for bringing it up, and being a part of the Shop LC family!
1 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

The stone is a natural real gemstone but it has been treated to make it blue, the same treatment used in mystic topaz. I did buy some white untreated from shop lc a while back, they might still have some but they do not have the blue here, I saw the one you are talking about while watching the other shopping network and they did disclose on TV that it has be treated, they did not hide the fact and yes it is very pretty.
5 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 2 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago

I just ordered a bangle with the blue petalite.
Hope it’s as pretty in person. Missing you RS 🥰
4 x