Pink Opal: From Peru with love

Margui

Pink Opal: From Peru with love

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Tomorrow, Peruvian Pink Opal is back. I'm glad that on a previous show of the gem, I bought a ring and earrings. I love all the gems, but this Opal and AAA Chrysocolla have a special meaning to me. Enjoy the show!
3 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Re: Pink Opal: From Peru with love

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
Tomorrow, Peruvian Pink Opal is back. I'm glad that on a previous show of the gem, I bought a ring and earrings. I love all the gems, but this Opal and AAA Chrysocolla have a special meaning to me. Enjoy the show!
We hope everyone enjoys the show when it comes up later! :D
1 x

Margui

Thanks Preston. It will be good. I read some comments in another topic that this Opal turned yellow too. Questions: Is this Opal have an enhancement or its polished only? And is it better to wear the gem during the day or night? Thank you.
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
Thanks Preston. It will be good. I read some comments in another topic that this Opal turned yellow too. Questions: Is this Opal have an enhancement or its polished only? And is it better to wear the gem during the day or night? Thank you.
Margui, the site says NO treatment. No idea if they yellow. I will watch for a bit. In still photos the pink opals just look solid pink, almost like plastic. I like stones with some character to them.

Do they have color play like other opals?
1 x

Margui

No. They are what they called "Common Opal", an semi-transparent gem with a single color. The color is soft but in some Peruvian opals the color can be a reddish pink. I saw the gem on another website like Etsy. But is an Opal, so it will be expensive depending of the size of the gem. But if you like pastel color gems, this Opal is for you. Peru also produce an aqua blue Opal. A shade of blue different than Oregon blue Opal. My opals have a lovely shade of pink. The color is not washed out.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I’ll take a look!

Fall clearance for the next week starting tomorrow. Wonder what goodies there will be offered?
2 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 4 years ago

Where’s all the pink opal? Since I tuned in I’m seeing everything but... I’m not interested in Kunzite or Shungite. Why do a pink opal
Show and not show it?
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Because they were clearly selling old stock. The show didn’t last very long and not because they sold out of everything. They didn’t have much to start with. When they would bring an item up there would be small quantities. Clearly not new.
2 x

Margui

Then I going to check the website.
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
Then I going to check the website.