Mis-information

Geologistsmom

Mis-information

Post by Geologistsmom » 4 years ago

Please encourage your hosts to have correct information on the gemstones they sell. I tuned in this morning and hear that woman,Loretta, continually saying black spinel is rare. It would be a good selling point if true, but again she is giving false information. Black spinel is NOT rare, could be called “exotic” because it’s from Thailand.
6 x

GEMLOVER60

Re: Mis-information

Post by GEMLOVER60 » 4 years ago

She does that all the time. I think she believes it or they just tell her that.....
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Yep, I love me some black spinel but it is not all that rare at all.
4 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

I love black spinel too. A year or two ago SLC tried
to tell us quality black was rare because the white
host rock was taking over all the spinel that was mined.
3 x

NYCGirl

Post by NYCGirl » 4 years ago

Yes, I have been complaining about this for a while. The hosts cross the line and misinform viewers. I've watched shows where a host is presenting, for example, a golden south sea 12mm pearl, show the viewers a comparison--another similar pearl at a higher price. Of course, they fail to mention that the competition may be selling a higher quality pearl, which accounts for the price. Many Shop LC hosts act as if their viewers (customers) are not smart or critical thinkers. But most of us are. I have emailed live during the shows, calling out the hosts. Some hosts kind of apologized. I imagine it's difficult to determine what kind of misinformation crosses the line legally, (FCC rules) but ethically, I agree that the hosts often cross the line.
2 x

Moderator_Chris_R

Post by Moderator_Chris_R » 4 years ago

Geologistsmom wrote:
4 years ago
Please encourage your hosts to have correct information on the gemstones they sell. I tuned in this morning and hear that woman,Loretta, continually saying black spinel is rare. It would be a good selling point if true, but again she is giving false information. Black spinel is NOT rare, could be called “exotic” because it’s from Thailand.
Thank you for this suggestion! I will be happy to send this information to our production and host team.

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for shopping with Shop LC!
2 x