Fire Opal

Blossom

Re: Fire Opal

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
ShopLC is having a Crimson Fire Opal show. I have my doubts if it is Fire Opal because I have some Jalisco Fire Opal and when I went to a gem show wearing it. The lady told me: “It’s beautiful what are you wearing but I don’t think it’s fire opal.”
She may have been wrong? Unless someone analyzed it, who really knows? I'd still wear it & believe it was fire opal!

I have a couple Jalisco Fire Opal rings, don't wear them but still like them!💞
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Amy wrote:
4 years ago
Hi all who replied to my question. I think the stones are beautiful but I can’t afford them right now. I like sparkle ! 🌸
I hope they are as pretty as they look. This will be my first fire opal!
Hope that you love your ring ! 🤗
4 x

Gypsy

Rolltide wrote:
4 years ago
I have several pieces, and they are beautiful, definitely shine and sparkle. I love them, but I do like the deeply saturated orange material the best.
The deeply saturated orange is beautiful. I have a pendant & matching earrings that are really pretty and I like abit better than the lighter orange pieces
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Amy wrote:
4 years ago
Hi all who replied to my question. I think the stones are beautiful but I can’t afford them right now. I like sparkle ! 🌸
@Amy

When I first started shopping at SLC, I thought 'I'll get one of every gemstone!' Well that proves my ignorance! I had no clue there are SO MANY! Wasn't long till my wallet started screaming at me! To me each variety of quartz, beryl, jasper, etc was a different gemstone. I ended up with a lot of opaque stones (which I still like) but I always gravitate to SPARKLE!!!
4 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 4 years ago

Hi Blossom: I’m a June baby so pearl is of course what I have the most of opaque. I won an auction for a jade ring a few days ago. Should be getting it soon. Now I just look for SPARKLE! 🌸
4 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

@RS My favorite color is red or red/orange, so you can imagine that I like these stones. I bought my first cherry fire opal about 25 years ago and still love it. It's more of the orange red, but I have some really red ones I've bought since then as well. The higher quality ones do sparkle, but they also have an ember glow that sets them apart from other gems. I did place a couple orders last evening for band rings. The "crimson" color they've offered in the past has been more of a bright orange red, rather than the all red color. I have two prior bracelets from here in that color and, although the stones are rather small, they really pop out at me!
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

Amy wrote:
4 years ago
Is fire opal supposed to sparkle ?
Good quality fire opal displays color play like other precious opal. It's expensive and I only see it occasionally on GSN.
1 x

Gypsy

2Blonde wrote:
4 years ago
@RS My favorite color is red or red/orange, so you can imagine that I like these stones. I bought my first cherry fire opal about 25 years ago and still love it. It's more of the orange red, but I have some really red ones I've bought since then as well. The higher quality ones do sparkle, but they also have an ember glow that sets them apart from other gems. I did place a couple orders last evening for band rings. The "crimson" color they've offered in the past has been more of a bright orange red, rather than the all red color. I have two prior bracelets from here in that color and, although the stones are rather small, they really pop out at me!
I have 2 rings that have the orange/red lighter glow
But about year and half ago I got super lucky on RA's and won beautiful deeply saturated crimson opals that are sooooo pretty ❤ for example one of the rings I won for $6. Rising Autions used to be a lot of fun 🤗
5 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I have both the red and the orange and I love both. The cherry fire opal I have looks like a fine high end ruby. A while back I purchased an orange CZ tennis bracelet and earrings and it match's perfect with my orange fire opal rings, it looks just like my orange fire opal.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Amy wrote:
4 years ago
I hope they are as pretty as they look. This will be my first fire opal!
Hope that you love your ring ! 🤗
Thank you💞😊💞
4 x