Poudretteite?

Gem Lover

Poudretteite?

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I have a question for those who ordered this gemstone, did yours come in cloudy? Mine just came in and it is so cloudy it looks dirty and again I can not get even a tooth brush under it to clean it to see if that is the issue because the under gallery is overly finished. I remember a few years back Tenor use to say that they use to start with the best quality white quartz to make these types of gemstones so that you got a nice clear gemstone so now I am wondering is mine dirty or is it very poor quality. I tried soaking it in soapy water but that did not help, if it is dirty under the stone I have no way of cleaning it.
3 x

Bella

Re: Poudretteite?

Post by Bella » 4 years ago

I ordered 2 rings and a bracelet of poudretteite and one of the rings has some small bubbles/ inclusions and does not seem as clean and clear as some of the other quartz I have purchased. I should have sent the ring back because a size 7 was small but I just hate to send anything back anymore it’s just a hassle. I ordered the huge honker ring with the sleeping beauty accent stones and returned that one because it was just too much for me and set up too high. I like big rings but not ones set up too high. The stone on the ring was really nice though. The bracelet I got is nice to, but I know what you mean when you mentioned cloudy that was my impression of the stone to.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Perhaps their intent was to make the stone look more “real”. When they introduced the Emeraldine quartz they said they wanted to make it look real by having inclusions, etc.

It didn’t work because the color was off and the stone was too clear. It looked like glass.

I have many pieces of their “living coral” and love it! That stone was done superbly!
2 x

Bella

I agree the Living coral is great I have many pieces. Their Salmon Quartz was also a job well done!
1 x

Aimer

Post by Aimer » 4 years ago

Are they still making living coral quartz??? I do not get the TV channel but the website has 1 necklace. The do much I am new here😃
1 x

Bella

Welcome Ajmer! It seems that when Shop LC introduces a new quartz that they have it pretty much till their stock runs out and they move onto something else. Unfortunately their Living Quartz was a hit but they don’t seem to be in a hurry to produce anymore. Some of their different quartz colors are better than others. The Living coral and the Salmon quartz is very pretty.
2 x

Aimer

Post by Aimer » 4 years ago

Thx so much . I have been I'll for 20 yrs and just got an android phone a few months back. I missed out again from being so sick. Anyone willing to part with earring or pendant? Thx so much. I know I am new here may all you you stay string healthy and safe. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers plus sending good vibes to all💗🙏💪😘
4 x