Kunzite

Gem Lover

Kunzite

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I was wondering from those who have purchased Kunzite, does it look just like rose de France amethyst? When they show it I think it looks the same, I have thought of getting some but I am also nervous about it because I read that it fades in sunlight. I also can not see spending the extra money if it is going to look just like my rose de France amethyst that I own, I have a few of those.
2 x

RS

Re: Kunzite

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover, I have a lot of Rose de France and love it. As far as Kunzite, my very first piece, a ring, is currently sitting in one of our safes. DH bought it for me but it’s supposed to be a secret. I haven’t seen it yet but I am guessing I will for either Christmas or birthday (January)

It’s this piece:

https://www.shoplc.com/aa-premium-marth ... Z6J4MplChA

And yes apparently it can fade if worn a lot in bright sunlight. It is recommended to limit sun and use mostly indoor and/or in the evenings. I do think it has a more pink hue than RDF. I have never had any and my husband decided to start with that one when I said I thought the stone might be pretty in person.
3 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

It doesn’t look like rdf! Two completely different.... Kunzite is a lite pink not purple. And if you get a good piece it has a light from within( sometimes almost a blue glow) that’ll knock your socks off!!! And yes sadly it does fade in the sun so don’t do it!!!! It’s a night gem just wait till you get it in low light, candle light !! And I prefer the non Martha Rocha stuff. Wasn’t impressed w/ the Martha Rocha I got.
2 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

My kunzite (purchased from HSN 15 years ago) is light pink. It does not look like Rose de France. The darker shades command a higher price. There is or was a very large kunzite on this site with remarkable purple color. Alas, I don't like to wear such huge stones. Especially when a stone can be fractured as easily as kunzite.
3 x