Australian opal

Cella

Australian opal

Post by Cella » 3 years ago

I can't believe they are selling mosaic that looks like this! I own a lot of mosaic and there are no spaces between the pieces of opal. On some pieces you can see black spaces. If you know what you are doing, the pieces should fit like a puzzle, with no spaces. Chuck keeps saying, we have the best artists to do this. No you don't!!!
7 x

Margui

Re: Australian opal

Post by Margui » 3 years ago

Is this opal natural or assembled? I don’t think it’s the same as boulder opal [\color]
4 x

Kat

Post by Kat » 3 years ago

I know what your talking about, but maybe they want it to look like that. I like the other way better. But if my husband bought me a piece I would wear it. 😁💗
5 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

The opal were triplets. Not for me🥴
2 x

Kittycat

Post by Kittycat » 3 years ago

Last week they had blue opal. Were they dyed? They were pretty but I was out of money, in between paycgecks., so I didn't order any. I did like these. They looked like boulder opal ,was thinking of getting at least one to add to my opal collection. I have the blue,pink and green opal bead bracelets they had on for $10 or $20. I love the welo opal best.
5 x

Kittycat

Post by Kittycat » 3 years ago

Last week they had blue opal. Were they dyed? They were pretty but I was out of money, in between paycgecks., so I didn't order any. I did like these. They looked like boulder opal ,was thinking of getting at least one to add to my opal collection. I have the blue,pink and green opal bead bracelets they had on for $10 or $20. I love the welo opal best.
1 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@Kittycat Yes Kittycat, the blue and pink opals are dyed, they are usually the opals that do not have much color play so they dye them pretty colors, some people love them because of the bright colors. They are not worth much but if you are buying for how they look then it does not matter but if your buying as an investment then just know the value is not as it is when natural.
4 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 3 years ago

Way back I had gotten some nice and substantial sized boulder opal rings and bought for all the girls... they were very nice. They had a cab stone not the flat ones... I saw the one w/ the dif sapphire in the halo and was thinking about until it went from $99 to $179. I lucked out.. the place where I sll my unwanted still had one of mine & sold back to me for $10. Yippie skippy!!! I don’t care for the mosaic tho, but that’s just my taste.
2 x