Opinion on 10K YG?

bluez

Opinion on 10K YG?

Post by bluez » 4 years ago

I'm curious about how everyone feels about the 10K YG that has been showing up recently.
My only experience was with my high school class ring, and it turned my finger green. So it is a big no for me.
How do you feel about 10K?
Thanks,
Bluez
1 x

Spooky

Re: Opinion on 10K YG?

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

I never buy it. Doesn’t seem worth any extra $ to me
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I don’t care for it. It lacks that warm glow of 14k or 18k.
They go on and on about it being the “work horse” of gold. That’s because there’s less gold in it and thus it is harder. I have a lot of 14k as well as 18k in yellow and white and have never ever had any problems with durability.
3 x

What-a-gem

Post by What-a-gem » 4 years ago

I don’t mind 10K gold. It doesn’t turn my skin green. 10K gold is 10 parts gold and 14 parts copper, zinc, silver or nickel. I believe that most people react to the nickel.
I haven’t noticed a lot of 10k gold being shown, but I wonder if they say their gold is nickel free?
That would be a plus.
4 x

Pittiemom

Post by Pittiemom » 4 years ago

I like it for my rings because I'm the destruction queen. I somehow always smack my rings against something and bend or dent. The 10K seems to be more durable for me. Gold has always had a bit of a glow to my eyes. The 10K may be less so in that way.
3 x

Jewls

Post by Jewls » 4 years ago

They always talk about their starting price being conservative, I ordered a rhapsody 10k 2 carat invisible set and round diamonds start price $9999 I got it appraised it came out at $2000! So not too happy about that.
0 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Jewls wrote:
4 years ago
They always talk about their starting price being conservative, I ordered a rhapsody 10k 2 carat invisible set and round diamonds start price $9999 I got it appraised it came out at $2000! So not too happy about that.
Rhapsody in 10k? Rhapsody only comes in platinum.
2 x

What-a-gem

Post by What-a-gem » 4 years ago

Jewls,so did you send the piece back? What did you actually end up paying for it? I agree, I’ve never seen it offered in 10k...only platinum.
1 x

Jewls

What-a-gem wrote:
4 years ago
Jewls,so did you send the piece back? What did you actually end up paying for it? I agree, I’ve never seen it offered in 10k...only platinum.
I didn't send back I payed $675 because it was on sale for 1249 and I got a 50% off coupon that's the only reason I didn't send back.
1 x

Jewls

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Jewls wrote:
4 years ago
Rhapsody in 10k? Rhapsody only comes in platinum.
idk but it was advertised as rhapsody and came in a rhapsody box.
1 x