Salt and pepper diamonds??!!

Gemsnob

Salt and pepper diamonds??!!

Post by Gemsnob » 2 months ago

Has anyone seen the terrible diamonds SLC is calling "Salt and Pepper" diamonds? Diamonds that no one wants and that are probably only suitable for industry. They gave them a somewhat fancy name and some poor sucker will fall for it. I think I've seen it all.
12 x

anniebelle

Re: Salt and pepper diamonds??!!

Post by anniebelle » 2 months ago

Yeah, there was posting about them a few weeks ago. They don't look very pretty!
10 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 2 months ago

Their from my next door neighbors drive way
11 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 2 months ago

Harlequin wrote:
2 months ago
Their from my next door neighbors drive way
:lol: :lol: :lol:
9 x

Rolltide

Post by Rolltide » 2 months ago

Two or three vendors on G have had those salt and pepper, set in gold, for quite awhile now. Didn't realize SLC has them. I don't like them. Would rather spend that kind of money on a pretty piece of jewelry. There are those who like them, but I don't share their enthusiasm.
10 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 2 months ago

When all of you were saying salt and pepper diamonds I thought you meant black and white diamonds :lol: I went to see what they looked like and to me they look like diamonds that are full of black carbon spots which would make them very poor quality diamonds and the stud earrings I saw were $300 :lol:
9 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 2 months ago

Gem Lover - that's exactly what I thought when I looked at them. Definitely not for me -Gypsy
10 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 2 months ago

Gem Lover wrote:
2 months ago
When all of you were saying salt and pepper diamonds I thought you meant black and white diamonds :lol: I went to see what they looked like and to me they look like diamonds that are full of black carbon spots which would make them very poor quality diamonds and the stud earrings I saw were $300 :lol:
Can you believe that people are branding crappy diamonds? I guess with the virus, they are all going through the rubble of discarded gemstones and trying to profit off of trash.
8 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 2 months ago

It NEVER surprises me what they will name junk to sell to give it "glamourous" spin. :lol:
10 x

Rolltide

Post by Rolltide » 2 months ago

I think is kind of like a designer thing, like the polki diamonds, which I don't like either because they are too dingy for me.
5 x