Salt and pepper diamonds??!!

Gemsnob

Salt and pepper diamonds??!!

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Has anyone seen the terrible diamonds SLC is calling "Salt and Pepper" diamonds? Diamonds that no one wants and that are probably only suitable for industry. They gave them a somewhat fancy name and some poor sucker will fall for it. I think I've seen it all.
12 x

anniebelle

Re: Salt and pepper diamonds??!!

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Yeah, there was posting about them a few weeks ago. They don't look very pretty!
10 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Their from my next door neighbors drive way
11 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
Their from my next door neighbors drive way
:lol: :lol: :lol:
9 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

When all of you were saying salt and pepper diamonds I thought you meant black and white diamonds :lol: I went to see what they looked like and to me they look like diamonds that are full of black carbon spots which would make them very poor quality diamonds and the stud earrings I saw were $300 :lol:
9 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

Gem Lover - that's exactly what I thought when I looked at them. Definitely not for me -Gypsy
10 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
When all of you were saying salt and pepper diamonds I thought you meant black and white diamonds :lol: I went to see what they looked like and to me they look like diamonds that are full of black carbon spots which would make them very poor quality diamonds and the stud earrings I saw were $300 :lol:
Can you believe that people are branding crappy diamonds? I guess with the virus, they are all going through the rubble of discarded gemstones and trying to profit off of trash.
8 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 3 years ago

It NEVER surprises me what they will name junk to sell to give it "glamourous" spin. :lol:
10 x

Sea_Hag

Post by Sea_Hag » 3 years ago

I actually like the salt and pepper diamonds; they have the look of cherry natronite (the pinkish stone with speckles). However, they are "scrap" or low-end diamonds and the price should reflect that. They'd probably get more people interested in it if the cost was appropriate. I actually saw a ring, nothing fancy, that was $2,400 on another site for salt and pepper stones. No thanks, lol.
8 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 3 years ago

I'd be afraid to wear "Salt and Pepper" gemstones. Especially high priced ones.

I wonder what happens to them if you sneeze? 🤧
8 x