Oh i am soooo mad again!!

Catticus

Re: Oh i am soooo mad again!!

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Moderator_Stephanie wrote:
4 years ago
The hosts DO NOT purchase items while they are on air. It is an act only, a way of showing that they like the item so much that they want it for themselves. We are not able to place orders for ourselves while on the clock.
I don’t believe this at all, sorry. I’ve seen it happen too many times
Hmmmmm...I wonder if the hosts read this forum.

I KNOW I WOULD!

Two nights ago when Cheryl was showing that diamond ring from "The Diamond District" she said something like:

"I WOULD BUY THIS RIGHT NOW, BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE I'M ON THE AIR!!!!!"

It was as if she knew others said things about her doing that very thing.

I didn't know they weren't allowed to until I read this thread. Which was before she said that, and to be honest, if I was a host...well? I don't think I would be able to keep myself from buying things I liked!

Anyway, if it's against the rules for them to buy on the clock, of course they shouldn't be doing it.

That doesn't mean they can't quickly text another host who is not on the clock to purchase an item for them. I'm sure there are many ways for them to get around the rules.
😏

I do understand why this bothers others. It just doesn't bother me. Maybe because the things they buy are things I'm not buying?
Last edited by Catticus 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Hmmmmm...I wonder if the hosts read this forum.

I KNOW I WOULD!

Two nights ago when Cheryl was showing that diamond ring from "The Diamond District" she said something like: "I WOULD BUY THIS RIGHT NOW, BUT I CAN'T BECAUSE I'M ON THE AIR!!!!!"

It was as if she knew others said things about her doing that very thing.

I didn't know they weren't allowed to until I read this thread. Which was before she said that, and to be honest, if I was a host...well? I don't think I would be able to keep myself from buying things I liked!

Anyway, if it's against the rules for them to buy on the clock, of course they shouldn't be doing it.

That doesn't mean they can't quickly text another host who is not on the clock to purchase an item for them. I'm sure there are many ways for them to get around the rules.
😏

I do understand why this bothers others. It just doesn't bother me. Maybe because the things they buy are things I'm not buying?
Hosts have always said 'customers come first, if there's any left, I'm going to get one when I get off air'...

Who knows what if any rules apply. I'm like you, Cat, doesn't matter to me & would be hard not to if I were hosting & really wanted something!
2 x

Catticus

Blossom! You are right! I haven't been able to watch it as much as I used to and now I DO recall the hosts saying that about the customers coming first and if there are any left, they're going to get one as soon as they're off the air!

I fear I would be one who would buy it while on the air. Hiding my phone and ordering it while having a fake cough attack or something, or during one of their commercials!
🥴
🤧
"Oh, excuse me! Were ARE those tissues?!? Why, here they are...under the desk...just one moment...while I get them out...from behind these wires...they must have slipped back here"...
2 x

Blossom

'Oh look, now how did my phone get down here w/the tissue & all those wires!'😂😂😂😂😋😋😋😋
1 x

Catticus

😂🤣😆😅😂🤣😂😅😂🤣😂🤣
0 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

don't ya think that they have perks that go with their job?
would only make sense. i forgot who just mentioned that
they could keep there phone near and 'dial a friend' just if
they are not permitted to shop on the clock.
that would not make me mad...... the lies do though. :roll:
3 x

Catticus

I agree. They should at least get discounts on the items they sell! But not just the hosts. ALL employees should get THE SAME DISCOUNT! The hosts should not be "favored", treated better, etc.

And yes, it's the LYING that makes us mad!
2 x

Stargazer

Post by Stargazer » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
Moderator_Stephanie wrote:
4 years ago
Ginger wrote:
4 years ago
I get angry when they are showing an item for sale and the host walks off the air to order the product. I didn’t think they were supposed to do this. It’s knocked me out of getting several items I wanted. I have seen Stacy do this several times and that Shawn Diddy gets on my nerves trying to act like everything is the best and you need it. Very pushy and I turn the channel when she’s on. Unprofessional, but most of the other host are very nice and informative.
The hosts DO NOT purchase items while they are on air. It is an act only, a way of showing that they like the item so much that they want it for themselves. We are not able to place orders for ourselves while on the clock.
I don’t believe this at all, sorry. I’ve seen it happen too many times
I agree Ginger. I'm calling bs on that answer.
1 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

I said it before, the employees must get some nice perks
because they work there, I've heard other hosts mention
that some hosts order during air time, it's obvious when
they walk off and order. Moderator sez they are not
permitted. WHY LIE!!!
1 x

Blossom

honey wrote:
4 years ago
I said it before, the employees must get some nice perks
because they work there, I've heard other hosts mention
that some hosts order during air time, it's obvious when
they walk off and order. Moderator sez they are not
permitted. WHY LIE!!!
Exactly! I've watched when Cheryl (while co-hosting) was quiet for a bit & did not hide the fact that she just ordered what was on air. Then they said 'and Cheryl got in' (laughing) when they were reading names off list of callers. Be hard not to as long as someone else is there to carry on presentation! Doesn't bother me but like you said honey, WHY LIE!
2 x