Poppies

Margui

Re: Poppies

Post by Margui » 3 years ago

The poppies are used for Veterans Day on remembrance. It’s obvious not American tradition. When I went to vote I wore a shirt with the American Flag. I’m grateful to became a naturalized American citizen years ago. Thanksgiving is not my native country tradition, but by living here for many years I embrace it. But you will never see me wear a bathing suit, a scarf, shoes or a beach towel with American flag print on them. The flag is very pretty and should limit to a few items.[/color/]

To me this incorrect:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Where did Margui’s post go. Showed she posted about 15 - 20 minutes ago????
1 x

Margui

I wore my american flag shirt or will wear a pin, I won’t wear any leggins or bathing suit like some girls wear.
4 x

Margui

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
They delete it , so I posted again.
4 x

Harlequin

Why was it deleted?????🧐🤔
1 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

Margui wrote:
3 years ago
Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
They delete it , so I posted again.
Good afternoon,

Just to confirm, your post wasn't deleted. It was held for approval as an image was attached to the post. The post was approved and should now be viewable.
2 x

Harlequin

Now I know I guess what poppies are. 🥴. I thought it was A FLOWER, you make not a good thing out of it Oh boy, I have a lot to learn in today’s verbiage.
1 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

H. Poppies are a flower. They were selling a few pieces of jewelry and some scarves with poppies on them. It's associated with veterans and also SAlvation Army. Don't know about the Brits comment.
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

Red poppies symbolize the blood sacrifice of veterans in the service of their country. It is considered an international symbol. If memory serves it was inspired by a poem from World War I "In Flander's Fields" 105 years ago. Some people wear white poppies as a symbol of peace. The American Legion Auxiliary has had an ongoing program to sell red crepe paper poppies made by veterans as part of their therapeutic rehabilitation. This program will celebrate it's 100th year next year. All proceeds from donations go directly to help disabled and hospitalized veterans. Last year the Auxiliary donated 2.1 million dollars from this program. To my sorrow I imagine the pandemic will wreak havoc on the program this year. I personally buy a dozen of these poppies every year and weave them into a wreath that I then place on a veteran's grave that appears to not be tended to as a sign of respect.
5 x

CC

Post by CC » 3 years ago

Hey Rollide.if not my business let me know. Do you believe someone on this forum is the prior poster "Gemoholic"?
0 x