WELO OPALS RESTORED FROM YELLOW TO CLEAR!

Lulu

Re: WELO OPALS RESTORED FROM YELLOW TO CLEAR!

Post by Lulu » 3 years ago

MommaBear wrote:
3 years ago
Thank you ❤️ for that information. I will remember that. The question for me is: I thought our
jewelry boxes are supposed to be treated with anti-tarnish substances?
Some boxes are treated and some aren't. I don't put any porous gem in an anti-tarnish box.
6 x

Sea_Hag

Post by Sea_Hag » 3 years ago

@BTS Glad you found a resolution! I discovered by accident that because opal is porous, when it gets wet, it turns color. I washed dishes with my Welo opal ring and it turned yellowish as you describe. I put the ring away and checked it again in a few days. Once the ring dried out, it was back to it's normal color. Using rice is a good idea, it's probably much faster than air drying. Wish I'd thought of that!
5 x

Kat

Post by Kat » 3 years ago

Just saw this, and thank you!!!! 💗☺️This is great info!!!! 💗💗💗😊
5 x

Casper

Post by Casper » 3 years ago

Thank you for this! All of my welo opals have turned yellow. I put them in a plastic bag with silica packets...and that has helped...but not fixing the problem! Some are actually looking peachy yellow! Ugly! I will put them in rice now. The welo opals that I bought for my daughter have done the same thing! I am so disappointed. I won't buy any more. And...I remember when ShopLC first started selling these opals....some of the show hosts were saying to put the opals "in water" if they turned yellow! So...I tried with one of them...that one is the worst of all now! But I blame myself for not researching it first! I am surprised that mine turned yellow...they were always kept in a jewelry box...and we have extremely low humidity in our home! If anyone else has more suggestions...I would love to hear them!
3 x