Magnetic Clasp Chains

Azure

Magnetic Clasp Chains

Post by Azure » 4 years ago

I have purchased several pendants on magnetic clasp chains. As a smaller person, I prefer 16" chains and a lot of pendants with chains that are sold on Shop LC are 20". The hosts claim you can remove the pendants and put them on different chains but that is incorrect. The bales on the pendants are too small and I have had to break several of the chains to remove the pendants. It's like the magnetic clasps are put on the chains AFTER the pendant.

Has anyone else run into this problem?
3 x

letsshop

Re: Magnetic Clasp Chains

Post by letsshop » 4 years ago

I do the same thing....I like shorter chains as well . I try not to purchase pendants that are 20 inches because when they come with the magnet, I can not remove the pendant so I end up cutting the chain , kind of a waste.
2 x

Moderator_Chris_R

Post by Moderator_Chris_R » 4 years ago

Azure wrote:
4 years ago
I have purchased several pendants on magnetic clasp chains. As a smaller person, I prefer 16" chains and a lot of pendants with chains that are sold on Shop LC are 20". The hosts claim you can remove the pendants and put them on different chains but that is incorrect. The bales on the pendants are too small and I have had to break several of the chains to remove the pendants. It's like the magnetic clasps are put on the chains AFTER the pendant.

We are sorry for this inconvenience! I have sent this feedback to our jewelry team, to hopefully solve this issue with the magnetic clasps, and pendants. Thank you for sharing your opinion with us, and for shopping with Shop LC!
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Azure wrote:
4 years ago

Yep, pendant not removable on mine either & I also didn't like that!
2 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Yup the bail is too small for the magnet
to go through
1 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

Azure wrote:
4 years ago

Ummm YES!!!! Can’t get pendant off w/ out breaking the stainless steel chain!!!( like magnet but no stainless chains)
2 x

Blossom

Thinking SLC should only put pendants w/large enough bale to allow removal if wanted...nuff said!
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Thinking SLC should only put pendants w/large enough bale to allow removal if wanted...nuff said!
Should be a no brainer...oh wait...never mind...🙄
6 x

Blossom

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Should be a no brainer...oh wait...never mind...🙄
😮😮😮😮😂😂😂😂
1 x

Motsey

Post by Motsey » 4 years ago

One thing good I can say. I love the magnetic clasp on jewelry from any channels. I also buy the magnetic clasp to put on jewelry that doesn't have it. Makes a world of difference.
5 x