ITEM 6013637

DoubleLshopper

ITEM 6013637

Post by DoubleLshopper » 3 years ago

I wonder what the (D) means after Jade on this item? Is ShopLC using the symbol to state the Jade is dyed or is it the Jade Grading System grade? It is ok if it is dyed but if it is the Grade for the Jade then it means that it means it is a Composite material where the Jadeite is combined with plastic or glass. I hope they are not being that shady and it means dyed, but be careful.
4 x

Gemsnob

Re: ITEM 6013637

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

D does stand for dyed. But, their jade is first bleached, filled then dyed. This seriously effects the toughness of the stone. The only natural jade I've seen here is really, really light, almost white. Asians consider the treated jade to be like costume beads. They don't want it and will not buy it. That's why it's sold here.
7 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

It means dyed. 😊
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Hopefully people do some research because this jade holds little to no value. The fact that slc uses comparisons of Imperial jade is shady.
6 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

I think their JADE is horrible. My bracelet wasn’t transparent, maybe one eighth around outer edges 😡
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 3 years ago

They said their Jadeite is high quality. It is not. Jadeite Jade, the one that is called “A” Jade it is and the only treatment it receives is bee wax, which is also natural. Treated Jade are called “B” Jade, “C” Jade and “D”Jade. The same happens with Nephrite Jade, only the “A” one is valuable. I have a pair of green Nephrite Jade earrings and they are not dyed. The D in their Jade stands for dyed.
4 x