Smackdowns? And ShopLC growth a huge DISadvatage to long-time, loyal customers

BeckyJane

Smackdowns? And ShopLC growth a huge DISadvatage to long-time, loyal customers

Post by BeckyJane » 3 years ago

Smackdown is NOT a term I'd use for Saturday events featuring certain gemstones. One prime example is the Moissanite "Smackdown" yesterday, Jan 16th. I bought a few item just a couple months ago at the first Moissanite event I'd seen. And I am glad I bought those items then, because some of these items were more than $200 yesterday than back in October.

A slight price increase is somewhat understandable, BUT.. a 10K gold 1.45ct moissanite pendant I got in Oct was $195. The same pendant yesterday was $349.99. And this is a smackdown? Try major, ridiculous price INCREASE. Some of the prices of items were listed as even higher on the website (e.g.same pendant $399), so that when "smacked down" to $349 it looked like a deal.

I am thankful to ShopLC for some of the beautiful items I've gotten over the last year and a half, but I'd say my opinion of ShopLC, overall, has steeply declined. I've received incorrect items, missing items, and broken items too many times, too late, and the quality of items, too, has overall declined. Auction items? I used to be able to get some nice, unique items at decent prices even just a year ago. Now, there are so many bidders bidding ridiculously high prices in items-- the auction is often an awful, futile experience. The wonderful coupons that used to be offered several times a week is gone, And one of my all-time pet peeves? How many times a day does the website crash, because Shop LC still has not added web capacity. I've missed out on many items because the web crashes and everything sells out before I could possibly order it (sometimes I'm able to order it by phone which takes longer, and doesn't allow you to add items you already have in your cart, and you have to pay for shipping you wouldn't if the ?#$&*?! website didn't crash in the first place. Shop LC has wiped out many of the positive features that existed for longer-term customers and made effort to significantly grow their customer base, but is missing out on commensurate attention/respect/loyalty to their long-term customers.

It's so wrong, and your motto "Delivering Joy" is really a bad joke. I've spent too much time with Customer Service trying to fix mistakes you made, that seem to be increasing because of your greed in trying to grow, without commensurate attention to the quality of your online system, quality assurance, capacity, and former discounts/promos/goodies. And please stop the false and misleading price adjustments, information, inflated values, and other advertising-- you should be above that!
15 x

Topic Tags:

Teachergirl

Re: Smackdowns? And ShopLC growth a huge DISadvatage to long-time, loyal customers

Post by Teachergirl » 3 years ago

I agree with much of what has been said previously. I would add that many of the hosts are simply unwatchable and unprofessional!
7 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Re: Smackdowns? And ShopLC growth a huge DISadvatage to long-time, loyal customers

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

BeckyJane wrote:
3 years ago
Smackdown is NOT a term I'd use for Saturday events featuring certain gemstones. One prime example is the Moissanite "Smackdown" yesterday, Jan 16th. I bought a few item just a couple months ago at the first Moissanite event I'd seen. And I am glad I bought those items then, because some of these items were more than $200 yesterday than back in October.

A slight price increase is somewhat understandable, BUT.. a 10K gold 1.45ct moissanite pendant I got in Oct was $195. The same pendant yesterday was $349.99. And this is a smackdown? Try major, ridiculous price INCREASE. Some of the prices of items were listed as even higher on the website (e.g.same pendant $399), so that when "smacked down" to $349 it looked like a deal.

I am thankful to ShopLC for some of the beautiful items I've gotten over the last year and a half, but I'd say my opinion of ShopLC, overall, has steeply declined. I've received incorrect items, missing items, and broken items too many times, too late, and the quality of items, too, has overall declined. Auction items? I used to be able to get some nice, unique items at decent prices even just a year ago. Now, there are so many bidders bidding ridiculously high prices in items-- the auction is often an awful, futile experience. The wonderful coupons that used to be offered several times a week is gone, And one of my all-time pet peeves? How many times a day does the website crash, because Shop LC still has not added web capacity. I've missed out on many items because the web crashes and everything sells out before I could possibly order it (sometimes I'm able to order it by phone which takes longer, and doesn't allow you to add items you already have in your cart, and you have to pay for shipping you wouldn't if the ?#$&*?! website didn't crash in the first place. Shop LC has wiped out many of the positive features that existed for longer-term customers and made effort to significantly grow their customer base, but is missing out on commensurate attention/respect/loyalty to their long-term customers.

It's so wrong, and your motto "Delivering Joy" is really a bad joke. I've spent too much time with Customer Service trying to fix mistakes you made, that seem to be increasing because of your greed in trying to grow, without commensurate attention to the quality of your online system, quality assurance, capacity, and former discounts/promos/goodies. And please stop the false and misleading price adjustments, information, inflated values, and other advertising-- you should be above that!
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I have gone ahead and forwarded your feedback to our Web Team, Auction Team, Web Discount team, Shipping and QC team, Live TV team, and TV pricing team so they can personally at your comment and consider them when making changes in the future. Thank you again for your feedback, and I apologize for any negative experiences.
7 x