WOW New Shopper Here. Are the bargains always this Good?

Opalite

WOW New Shopper Here. Are the bargains always this Good?

Post by Opalite » 3 years ago

Hey there fellow shoppers!
I just found Shoplc 2 weeks ago searching for a new jewelry box and WOW! The bargains and the rare selection of gemstones has me floored. :o Are the prices always this great? or is this because of year end clearance and COVID deals. I mean seriously! I have been picking up the auction pieces like crazy- I like the no reserve and the fact that they combine the shipping (and free for over $50).
And the variety- Demantoid garnet, champagne diamonds, Turkizite, Zambian emeralds, Vesuvianite, paraiba apatite ...

Is this the norm? and how is the stock? Is it better get it while they have it liquidation stuff or do they stock this kind of inventory on a regular basis?
I need to know because I just broke my bank in the past 2 weeks- wish I had found this site before Christmas when I spent so much at another shopping channel...

Dreaming of a 5ct AAAA Tanzanite...
10 x

Gemsnob

Re: WOW New Shopper Here. Are the bargains always this Good?

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Welcome!
Actually, the prices used to be better along with hosts, customer service, quality control, shipping, variety, all better AND they used to have 30-35% off coupons almost daily. It's all suffered. Glad you are happy but you should probably take some time to read and find out what customers are experiencing since a new captain took the helm.
Also, read customer reviews online. There are several sites where people leave reviews. Good luck!
14 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

Opalite. Remember you get what you pay for. Didn’t used to be that way. Read up on website jewelry treatment and google gems before you buy. All is Not what it seems. Welcome to the forum!
11 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

@Opalite

Welcome to the forum and SLC.

Yes the bargins can be fabulous. But the disappointments can be just as great. Please be an informed gem shopper. The information is available on website . GOOD LUCK !

-Gypsy
10 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@Opalite Welcome to the forum. One bit of advice is use caution with the $1 auction because many people way over bid in there, always check the shop lc website for the price of what it sells for first before bidding if the item is still available on there, people will bid as an example $45 on an item that sold for $9.99 on the website. You can get some good deals on the auction site but make sure you know the value before over paying. Good luck and have fun.
10 x

Opalite

Post by Opalite » 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback!
How is their stock? Is this really a liquidation channel-- i.e. they get lots in and sell them out immediately till they are gone or do they have a pretty steady inventory?

Over the past 2 weeks of watching they have had great sell out shows of turkizite, demantoid garnet, Zambian emeralds... is that the norm? or is this really a one time thing. I am super impressed they even have alexandrite and that some of the hosts are actually rockhounds- That Tony (Ladies and Gentlemen) guy is hysterical..

@Gemlover- I hear you about the auctions. Crazy bidding sometimes- esp when its selling over on the main site for cheaper and some folks get super aggressive (sniping?) at the end.
8 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 3 years ago

Welcome to the forum Opalite.
7 x

Ariana

Post by Ariana » 3 years ago

Margui wrote:
3 years ago
Welcome to the forum Opalite.
Welcome to the forum @Opalite !
3 x

Trish

Post by Trish » 3 years ago

Yes they are!!!!! I have been buying directly from Miners in Central America, but they are all loose stones. I have found SO MANY BARGAINS on Shop LC, with the same Stones, and the (better stones) come with Certificates! I suggest that you check their "Daily Calendars if you are looking for something specific. The Friday $10.00 and under gifts are great Stocking Stuffers for Christmas! Basically, I am a nearly daily Shopper! Also, I LOVE the fact that " Budget Pay" is offered on Most Items. That is a True blessing when you are shopping for 8 Grandchildren!!! So, Shop till you drop, and feel guilt-free! 😁😁😁😁😊😊😊😊
4 x

Ena

Post by Ena » 3 years ago

When I discovered ShopLC last year I went nuts buying non-stop. I'm not a high-end buyer, I found some beautiful pieces at mid-range prices, and discovered Sajen and LucyQ lines. I also bought TONS of stuff on $10 Fridays.

I tried to get free shipping so my orders were always over $50. I was getting packages almost every day.

After a few months of buying, I began to realize that many of the items I was buying on Fridays I could get in a dollar store. The quality was pretty much the same.

I still enjoy watching some of the hosts and presentations but I didn't find anything worth buying in months. It is good for my wallet but I miss the excitement I felt when I started shopping with ShopLC. It is almost gone now.
6 x