WOW New Shopper Here. Are the bargains always this Good?

MsTabbyKats

Re: WOW New Shopper Here. Are the bargains always this Good?

Post by MsTabbyKats » 3 years ago

Here's my take:

I don't have discount stores near me or the ability to get to one. SLC brings a discount store into my home. I've found great values in silver jewelry....not overpriced and good quality. I've purchased blankets, pans etc...again nothing was overpriced and all good quality.

My real jewelry collection is "high end" and I wouldn't buy any of their "high end" products. They push inferior merchandise as if they're luxury items. I don't trust the hosts. They aren't there to "meet my needs". They're there to make a buck, regardless of my needs. If I'm going to spend thousands, on something I don't see in person, I need the host to tell me about MY stone or I need to be familiar with the manufacturer. This is not going to happen on SLC.

Two jewelry items that I bought...where the stones should be expensive....were disappointments. They were worth the price I paid (you get what you pay for) but I didn't pay much.

So, I'm keeping it to household goods and silver (not rg or yg over silver).
6 x

Ariana

Post by Ariana » 3 years ago

Welcome to the forum, Trish!
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Opalite wrote:
3 years ago
Hey there fellow shoppers!
I just found Shoplc 2 weeks ago searching for a new jewelry box and WOW! The bargains and the rare selection of gemstones has me floored. :o Are the prices always this great? or is this because of year end clearance and COVID deals. I mean seriously! I have been picking up the auction pieces like crazy- I like the no reserve and the fact that they combine the shipping (and free for over $50).
And the variety- Demantoid garnet, champagne diamonds, Turkizite, Zambian emeralds, Vesuvianite, paraiba apatite ...

Is this the norm? and how is the stock? Is it better get it while they have it liquidation stuff or do they stock this kind of inventory on a regular basis?
I need to know because I just broke my bank in the past 2 weeks- wish I had found this site before Christmas when I spent so much at another shopping channel...

Dreaming of a 5ct AAAA Tanzanite...
They are not a "liquidation channel". They do aquire close outs but they brag that they are vertically integrated and do everything. That's why prices are so low. It appears that no one in this company is capable of communicating with other departments. Pres doesn't seem to know or care what issues customers have. If you shop here long enough or often enough, you will experience the issues most here have talked about.
8 x

RoseyRuby

Post by RoseyRuby » 3 years ago

I'm fairly new to this channel myself. I've found some really nice things, at affordable prices. Since I'm disabled and don't get out much (not at all for the past 2wks, while my car is in the shop), I've been very happy buying stuff. The $10 Friday shows are my absolute favorite, but I also love the skincare shows, especially Opatra and Clinical Results. I was very disappointed buying a large heart shaped Niassa Ruby ring, that arrived with a missing Zircon. I still haven't returned it, as I can't get to the P.O. right now. Hopefully, it won't be sold out, so I can't exchange it. Otherwise, I may have to take it to a jeweler and pay for the repair myself. Things like that make me apprehensive about buying more jewelry. Maybe a single stone is okay, but really--stay away from the stuff with small stones that can easily fall out.
Love your name btw, my previous cat was named Opal. She lived to be 19. I have another cat now, but I still miss her.
6 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

RoseyRuby wrote:
3 years ago
I'm fairly new to this channel myself. I've found some really nice things, at affordable prices. Since I'm disabled and don't get out much (not at all for the past 2wks, while my car is in the shop), I've been very happy buying stuff. The $10 Friday shows are my absolute favorite, but I also love the skincare shows, especially Opatra and Clinical Results. I was very disappointed buying a large heart shaped Niassa Ruby ring, that arrived with a missing Zircon. I still haven't returned it, as I can't get to the P.O. right now. Hopefully, it won't be sold out, so I can't exchange it. Otherwise, I may have to take it to a jeweler and pay for the repair myself. Things like that make me apprehensive about buying more jewelry. Maybe a single stone is okay, but really--stay away from the stuff with small stones that can easily fall out.
Love your name btw, my previous cat was named Opal. She lived to be 19. I have another cat now, but I still miss her.
Package it up and just give it to your mail carrier. No need io go to the post office.
6 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

MsTabbyKats wrote:
3 years ago
Here's my take:

I don't have discount stores near me or the ability to get to one. SLC brings a discount store into my home. I've found great values in silver jewelry....not overpriced and good quality. I've purchased blankets, pans etc...again nothing was overpriced and all good quality.

My real jewelry collection is "high end" and I wouldn't buy any of their "high end" products. They push inferior merchandise as if they're luxury items. I don't trust the hosts. They aren't there to "meet my needs". They're there to make a buck, regardless of my needs. If I'm going to spend thousands, on something I don't see in person, I need the host to tell me about MY stone or I need to be familiar with the manufacturer. This is not going to happen on SLC.

Two jewelry items that I bought...where the stones should be expensive....were disappointments. They were worth the price I paid (you get what you pay for) but I didn't pay much.

So, I'm keeping it to household goods and silver (not rg or yg over silver).
You may be able to have post office pick up your returns. USPS.com
That's what I do. I leave instructions as to where I'll leave the package and they pick it up while doing their route. Just a thought
I've gotten away from buying jewelry with lots of stones because I've had some arrive missing a stone. Good luck!
5 x

RoseyRuby

Post by RoseyRuby » 3 years ago

Thanks! I'm going to try that today. I hope it's not too heavy for my mail carrier, because I'm also returning a couple of Trinket Boxes also missing stones. Pretty sad, that there's not better quality control on this channel. They'd sell a lot more stuff, if the people packaging would just take a second to take a quick look at what they're sending out.
5 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 3 years ago

@Opalite
Welcome !!

There are a few bargains, but not like the hundreds I bought in the last few years from them.
Their good stuff is NOW way overpriced.
Many stones are treated. Most diamonds except their high end ones, are very occluded, commercial value. The hosts are trained to sell- sell-sell, so when they rave about an item, ignore it.
Their Niassa Ruby and ilikaka pink sapphires and some blue sapphires are cracked and filled with glass. Mine exploded in the jewelry sonic cleaner. The host never warned us not to use that cleaning method.
In the last few years, I bought hundreds of beautiful gifts for my large family. Those days are gone. The coupons are gone. Most values are gone.
They now try to compete with high end jewelry sites.
No comparison. Here you see a sample. ALWAYS much nicer then what you will receive.
I havent given up. I am waiting for them to realize that the new changes have lost many customers. I used to buy at least 10 items a week. Now I just cant find anything worth it.

Maybe you will have better luck !!

Vicky
8 x

Kat

Post by Kat » 3 years ago

Welcome to the forum!!!! ☺️💗 I loved the ra (rising auction). Not so much anymore. Every single package that I've got from the ra in the last 6 months, I have problems with. Items are missing, or stones are missing, or items are broken. Most of my items are won for $1-$3. But even the $20 and up have issues some times. I had an amazing Wello opal ring with diamond accents on the sides. The diamonds were cracked and broken. I took it to a jeweler friend and he said they were terrible diamonds and should not have even been put in jewelry. I just had an awesome chrome diopside pendant and a big stone was out of it. It was in the bag. I still have to get it fixed at the jeweler. I don't buy anything with little stones cuz plenty of the stones have popped out. I don't buy any diamonds either. I'm sticking with solitaires. Also, I've never had an issue with buying anything from the regular site. So that is a huge plus. Also if you wnt an item and it's sold out or you need it in a different size or color check eBay or Amazon shoplc is on both. ☺️
5 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 3 years ago

I have been a customer for years and many things have changed on this channel. They started as The Jewelry Channel and they use to have a variety of stones that have better quality. At those days, I could buy a gold chain for a good price, not anymore. Then they were supposed to be out of business and they changed the name to The Liquidation Channel. The prices were still great but not their policy, you can’t return the jewelry. Luckily that was changed. I got at that time, an amethyst and later aquamarines and garnets. My mom took the gems to a jeweler to set them in gold. They have a good cut and sparkle. In 2017, they changed the name again to its current name ShopLC. They started offer coupons which were great and later on Budget Pay. The latter still exists. Unfortunately the former not anymore. And they changed their President. Now they want to be high end jewelry company but the gems they offer like the rubies and sapphires are not the quality I expected. They are full of glass — a composite and not the beautiful rubies they offered before. Even the amethysts are dark in color but they are not transparent. I will change the amethysts from a pair of earrings that got. Also, the star diopsides, kyanites and moonstones for better ones. Still you can get good jewelry.
5 x