New box

Gemsnob

New box

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

I just opened a package from slc. There was a ring that I ordered and it came in a little blue ring box. There was foam instead of satin and the foam had a slit to hold the ring. I really appreciate this. It makes for a nice presentation when giving as a gift. Has anyone else noticed the new box? I hope it's a permanent change. Thank you slc!
4 x

anniebelle

Re: New box

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
3 years ago
I just opened a package from slc. There was a ring that I ordered and it came in a little blue ring box. There was foam instead of satin and the foam had a slit to hold the ring. I really appreciate this. It makes for a nice presentation when giving as a gift. Has anyone else noticed the new box? I hope it's a permanent change. Thank you slc!
It sounds like one I have received several times before, usually a less expensive or closeout type ring, not one of their better pieces. Could yours be the case? No offense intended.
3 x

Horsepower

Post by Horsepower » 3 years ago

The dark blue box with the ring slit is what I prefer. I'm really tired of the satin & ribbon boxes. They are not well made, fall apart and look ratty.
7 x

Gemsnob

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
3 years ago
It sounds like one I have received several times before, usually a less expensive or closeout type ring, not one of their better pieces. Could yours be the case? No offense intended.
It's an auction win, chrome diopside ring. It very well may be a close out though. It's not SLCs typical design. It's different and that's why I like it. I hope they continue with this type of box.
6 x

Gemsnob

Horsepower wrote:
3 years ago
The dark blue box with the ring slit is what I prefer. I'm really tired of the satin & ribbon boxes. They are not well made, fall apart and look ratty.
I've opened so many satin lined boxes and the satin is loose or torn with glue showing. They aren't really practical in my opinion.
6 x

MsTabbyKats

Post by MsTabbyKats » 3 years ago

I actually like their boxes. They make "something cheap" look a lot nicer. Sometimes the box looks more expensive than what I paid for the contents (I'm thinking my pink cz earrings. With that nice packaging, they could have passed as pink sapphires if given as a gift.)
3 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

I agree that some of the satin boxes look bad (coming apart, glue showing, torn satin). But if they come in good condition, I think they make a beautiful little gift box. I do not like the cheap looking white ring holder with a cut opening. I’m in the minority but that’s how I see it. 😊😊😊
7 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 3 years ago

Gemsnob has anyone on here having problems with getting on the forum? For 3 days is was not working for me. I did not say anything to get the boot?😞🍀
5 x

Gemsnob

Boston Irish wrote:
3 years ago
Gemsnob has anyone on here having problems with getting on the forum? For 3 days is was not working for me. I did not say anything to get the boot?😞🍀
I haven't read or heard that anyone has had trouble with the forum. Seems like you would get a message when logging in if they were suspending you but who knows. Maybe someone else will know. Glad you are here now. (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
5 x

Sissy2

Post by Sissy2 » 3 years ago

I am very new here but for the last few days when I go to Inside LC and hit the Forum button it flashes like all get out. I have to hit the Forum button two or three times to get in. It did not do this when I first signed up.
5 x