Galatea DavinChi Cut Collection

anniebelle

Re: Galatea DavinChi Cut Collection

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

I think those carved pearls are awesome! Chi refers to them as works of art rather than jewelry. Hense the price! I would love to have some of them, but would never pay that much money for any jewelry. Or any piece of art either!
3 x

MsTabbyKats

Post by MsTabbyKats » 3 years ago

I took a look at the octopus.....thanks for pointing it out.
It has ruby eyes...but I couldn't see them on the pix, so I doubt anyone else would either. I like it, but not enuf to buy it.

I prefer the mermaid and it would be perfect with my mabe pearl ring/earrings.

As far as the price....I took a look at various websites and the cost of their "real gold" pendants, so I could consider this a bargain (as long as the quality is ok).

To be really honest, decent "not fine jewelry" looks just as good as the real thing if it's worn correctly and not overtly phony (like a 5 ct "diamond"). I do a lot of "mixing the quality".

Thanks for the input....I appreciate all of it!
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

I have been on the look out for a Tahitian Pearl ring, classic and simple set in YG. and 10k is acceptable. I do not like carved pearls either and I do not like the over the top ornate pearl rings. Just not my style.

And I certainly do not want my jewelry to blink lights, sing, or talk to me !!

My jewelrys job is to look beautiful......without saying a word 💞

-Gypsy
5 x

SumterShopper1

Post by SumterShopper1 » 3 years ago

Galatea is supposed to be on again soon, anyone know when? I thought they said Sunday March 14 but I couldn’t find it on the schedule here. I think his stuff is really unique (only saw it once) I don’t really care of a lot of extra money was thinking I might see what is available. I have so much jewelry that I bought over the years and most of it has missing stones so I am wondering if this would hold up better!? I really wish shop I’ll see would provide cheap jeweler services to repair, resize, replace stones etc. I have been a customer since they started and boy have prices gone up.
7 x

MsTabbyKats

SumterShopper1 wrote:
3 years ago
Galatea is supposed to be on again soon, anyone know when? I thought they said Sunday March 14 but I couldn’t find it on the schedule here. I think his stuff is really unique (only saw it once) I don’t really care of a lot of extra money was thinking I might see what is available. I have so much jewelry that I bought over the years and most of it has missing stones so I am wondering if this would hold up better!? I really wish shop I’ll see would provide cheap jeweler services to repair, resize, replace stones etc. I have been a customer since they started and boy have prices gone up.
I can't answer your question as to "when" they will be on. I did purchase the mermaid necklace, and it goes beautifully with my "mabe pearl collection" (earrings and ring). It doesn't look cheap at all (ring and earrings were expensive). I haven't worn it yet as it's really a warm weather piece (maybe today....it's gonna be in the 60's).
2 x

MsTabbyKats

Also wanted to add: This is the first piece of SLC jewelry that I bought which was above "extremely cheap" that I'm satisfied with the quality.

Other purchases just looked like "inexpensive jewelry".

"Above extremely cheap" means anything over $50.
2 x