Galatea DavinChi Cut Collection

MsTabbyKats

Galatea DavinChi Cut Collection

Post by MsTabbyKats » 3 years ago

Has anyone bought something from this collection?
If so, opinions please.
I've mentioned before...my jewelry purchases of "anything above costume" just weren't worth it. However, these look unique. I've been trying to get reviews of this brand on-line but can't find anything.
7 x

AD

Re: Galatea DavinChi Cut Collection

Post by AD » 3 years ago

Not me. I’m not sure when this line came to SLC. SORRY 😊
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Not me. In my opinion, it's sacrilege to carve a pearl. Even if that didn't bother me, I don't want the inner workings of my jewelry to stop working. Why everything has to light up or make sound is beyond me. Just not my thing .
8 x

AD

Post by AD » 3 years ago

Gemsnob:... this is H:.. were those the pearls that get carved? If so no thanks , with you on your reply 🙂
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

H - yes, this collection has carved pearls. I don't think it's carved pearls exclusively. I don't mind different, just not into this line. I prefer a little more traditional.
6 x

MsTabbyKats

It's not the carved pearl that I'm looking at. I don't like them either.

It's item 3735751. This line is supposed to capture light from all angles. I looked on youtube and didn't get any good video.

Oh well, what I liked 2 hours ago is already a memory.
5 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

MsTabbyKats wrote:
3 years ago
It's not the carved pearl that I'm looking at. I don't like them either.

It's item 3735751. This line is supposed to capture light from all angles. I looked on youtube and didn't get any good video.

Oh well, what I liked 2 hours ago is already a memory.
Sold out?
1 x

MsTabbyKats

No, not "sold out"; changed my mind.
Really too much to spend without seeing the stone or something from the line in person.
I did find something else I like: 3739233
I like the design although I'm not crazy about yg over silver. However, I have earrings and a ring that would go with the pendant perfectly.
DH says "buy it".

Problem is I have a jewelry collection from here to the moon. Prices range from ultra inexpensive to very expensive. I have to think things over, because more than once I've bought things that, for all intensive purposes, I already have. I know...first world problems.

You can vote: Should I listen to DH and buy it, or let the mermaid swim away?
3 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

MsTabbyKats wrote:
3 years ago
No, not "sold out"; changed my mind.
Really too much to spend without seeing the stone or something from the line in person.
I did find something else I like: 3739233
I like the design although I'm not crazy about yg over silver. However, I have earrings and a ring that would go with the pendant perfectly.
DH says "buy it".

Problem is I have a jewelry collection from here to the moon. Prices range from ultra inexpensive to very expensive. I have to think things over, because more than once I've bought things that, for all intensive purposes, I already have. I know...first world problems.

You can vote: Should I listen to DH and buy it, or let the mermaid swim away?
If you don't like the YG over Mermaid, how about the silver Octopus? If DH says buy it, go for it!
2 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 3 years ago

Haven't bought anything. I don't like carved pearls, either (it's sacrilege to me). As far as their new gemstone cut, there is no way I will ever pay $350 for a 1.65 ct amethyst set in sterling. Go to their website and check out the prices for set in gold :o .
2 x