Are there different colors of Sleeping Beauty?

bluez

Are there different colors of Sleeping Beauty?

Post by bluez » 3 years ago

I was under the impression Sleeping Beauty Turquoise was all the same color. Are there different colors?
Example #3633386. It is a much lighter color than other SBT pieces. + tagged made in China!
Asking for a friend. ;)
bluez
5 x

Nnnnnana

Re: Are there different colors of Sleeping Beauty?

Post by Nnnnnana » 3 years ago

Hi. New here so bear with me. No I believe the description reads the color as Robin's egg blue. Please don't just go by my answer
5 x

buyitall

Post by buyitall » 3 years ago

Sleeping beauty turquoise that first came out for years was robin’s egg blue. I ordered a fairly expensive ring from ShopLC some time ago and it was NOT robin’s egg blue! It had a definite green color to it. I returned the ring for a refund. Later on I ordered a different style ring with SB stone. It was the perfect color. I don’t want a SB ring that is green. If I wanted a green turquoise ring I would buy Kingman turquoise.
9 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

I am by far not an expert, but I do watch a lot of jewelry television. To my knowledge there is only one variety of SBT. As with any gem, I suppose there could be slight variation in shade. Anyone else have an opinion?
6 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 3 years ago

My sleeping beauty pieces vary in color but are all in the same blue color range. SLC has “premium” and “AAA” sleeping beauty pieces listed on their website so that might answer the question.
7 x

JA

Post by JA » 3 years ago

bluez wrote:
3 years ago
I was under the impression Sleeping Beauty Turquoise was all the same color. Are there different colors?
Example #3633386. It is a much lighter color than other SBT pieces. + tagged made in China!
Asking for a friend. ;)
bluez
I put in the search bar the item# you wrote and for whatever reason it says no result. I really wanted to see the color. I'm definitely not a SBT expert, but I always heard the color was what made SBT special.I have a couple of Sleeping Beauty Turquoise pieces and they are basically the same beautiful robin's egg blue.
On a side note. I bought a Sleeping Beauty Turquoise bracelet from the Q a few years ago. I was looking at it because the silver needs to be polished when I noticed some black dots on the Turquoise. What the h*ll. Has anyone noticed something like that on their Sleeping Beauty?
6 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

I believe it depends on the quality, there are color variations because of this. Good quality should be the robins egg blue but if it is a lower quality it will sometimes look lighter blue or have a green tint to it.
8 x

bluez

Post by bluez » 3 years ago

The SBT ring is 10 ctw in 14K WG. It's beautiful, but not sure I like that it is so much lighter. I need to decide very soon if I will return it.

Thanks to everyone for your help!
bluez
4 x