Cancellation Question

MsTabbyKats

Cancellation Question

Post by MsTabbyKats » 3 years ago

I ordered a ring 2 days ago (technically....less than that....40 hours ago) and I decided that I'd rather spend that money elsewhere so I called to cancel a few minutes ago.
The rep said she couldn't cancel it (not shipped yet) but would send an e-mail to the cancellation team. Is this the normal procedure? Can orders be canceled before shipment, in general?
If they can't...it's not a big deal, unless there's something wrong with the ring.
BTW...what is their refund policy? I assume I would have to pay the postage.
5 x

Rena

Re: Cancellation Question

Post by Rena » 3 years ago

"Cancellation team"? Maybe this explains purchases from RA randomly getting cancelled.
4 x

MsTabbyKats

Post by MsTabbyKats » 3 years ago

Yes.....she said "cancellation team". Anyway, they are doing their job....order canceled!
4 x

shopLC_alex

Post by shopLC_alex » 3 years ago

MsTabbyKats wrote:
3 years ago
I ordered a ring 2 days ago (technically....less than that....40 hours ago) and I decided that I'd rather spend that money elsewhere so I called to cancel a few minutes ago.
The rep said she couldn't cancel it (not shipped yet) but would send an e-mail to the cancellation team. Is this the normal procedure? Can orders be canceled before shipment, in general?
If they can't...it's not a big deal, unless there's something wrong with the ring.
BTW...what is their refund policy? I assume I would have to pay the postage.
Good morning,

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Orders can be cancelled as long as they are not in an invoiced status. That means as long as they are in the created or payment taken statuses. Some orders take days to be invoiced while some can be invoiced within the hour, and unfortunately there's no consistent indication to determine how quickly an item will be invoiced. Sometimes the cancellation team can catch an order in limbo and manually cancel it out of an invoiced status but 3/10 times the system doesn't allow us to do it. Hope this clears things up a bit, please let us know if you have anymore questions.
3 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 3 years ago

Rena wrote:
3 years ago
"Cancellation team"? Maybe this explains purchases from RA randomly getting cancelled.
Glad you mentioned that. When an RA order for 1 item is canceled it might be understandable, but when another RA order with 4 items is canceled then you begin to wonder. It had nothing to do with my credit card info and CS responded that it was because the items were damaged or not available. I can only imagine someone from the shipping dept spilling their drink in my box while packing the items.
4 x