Need Help Figuring Out What Hundreds of Items Are!

MinaLoves2Shop

Re: Need Help Figuring Out What Hundreds of Items Are!

Post by MinaLoves2Shop » 2 years ago

lah2001 wrote:
2 years ago
FYI, sometimes the metal marks are on the clasp.

I concur with Lulu that's probably howlite, lapis, and either red agate or carnelian.

Where do you plan to sell these items? I'd suggest Poshmark, Mercari, or Ebay.
Thanks Lulu and lah2001!

I’m selling on eBay using my eBay account from long ago when I used to sell on eBay. Now I just use it to sell puzzles after I’ve completed them. I’ve listed 14 items so far not having much luck. Sold 1 item! But 100’s to go. Lol! Lovetwodeal
7 x

Topic Tags:

MinaLoves2Shop

Anyone know if these are worth anything. Might be Suzanne Somers?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 2 years ago

MinaLoves2Shop wrote:
2 years ago
Hi Mina, Looking at what you have there, I'll tell you what I think you have. I and my late Mom bought Suzanne Somers jewelry 10 to 20 years ago when she was on one of the other home shopping channels. She never sold anything that I know of on Shop LC. OK here goes. IN PICTURE #1---- 1st bracelet-- It looks like a 3 row Peridot bracelet, probably marked 925 for Sterling Silver. 2nd bracelet-- Looks like a 3 row different colors of Tourmaline stones, probably marked 925 for Sterling Silver. 3rd bracelet -- Looks like a 3 row Yellow Citrines, probably marked 925 for Sterling Silver. 4th bracelet--- Looks like a flower shaped style with stones that look to me like Blue Topaz, Amethyst, and Citrine set in a 925 Sterling. OK PICTURE #2. 1st Bracelet-- This heart link bracelet looks like goldtone metal with rhinestones. The catch gives it away to me. It is most likely NOT marked. 2nd bracelet--- This looks looks heart shaped cubic zirconia stones set in 925 sterling. 3rd bracelet--- This heart link bracelet also looks like it is made with cubic zirconia stones set in 925 sterling. Last group, PICTURE #3 1st bracelet--- Looks like Garnets set in a 925 sterling setting. 2nd bracelet--- Look like another Garnet bracelet with white Zircon stones on each side of the garnets in 925 sterling setting. 3rd bracelet--- This is possibly another Garnet bracelet or could be Lab Created Rubies set in 925 sterling. I enhanced the photos as much as I could to see, but without extreme close ups, I'm making an educated guess here. Suzanne Somers did a LOT of colored stones, cubic zirconia and rhinestone jewelry way back. Also on most of your bracelets are the safety catches and bracelets with those catches are USUALLY sterling and gold over sterling and I see most of the bracelets you have are that style. Get a REALLY GOOD magnifying glass to check for metal marks, 925, 14kt, 10kt, etc. Back when I bought Suzanne Somers jewelry, these bracelets would have cost around $100.00 or more each. I'm NOT saying you could get that price now, but at least it's a starting point to figure out how much you would want to start the selling price for. Good Luck with everything Mina! :)
7 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

My Grandson found a bracelet about 2-3 years ago, I told him I didn’t think it was real gold, NO MARKINGS!! Well he and dad took it to the pawnshop :lol: the gold didn’t look right, turns out it was 18 kt. :shock: They gave him...500.00 $. It was a heart bracelet 8 inches solid hearts of gold :o :shock: wow and wow again. Obviously worth more than he got he was happy 😊.... H 😊. Got to make a profit :lol:
9 x

MinaLoves2Shop

mpompadour wrote:
2 years ago
MinaLoves2Shop wrote:
2 years ago
Hi Mina, Looking at what you have there, I'll tell you what I think you have. I and my late Mom bought Suzanne Somers jewelry 10 to 20 years ago when she was on one of the other home shopping channels. She never sold anything that I know of on Shop LC. OK here goes. IN PICTURE #1---- 1st bracelet-- It looks like a 3 row Peridot bracelet, probably marked 925 for Sterling Silver. 2nd bracelet-- Looks like a 3 row different colors of Tourmaline stones, probably marked 925 for Sterling Silver. 3rd bracelet -- Looks like a 3 row Yellow Citrines, probably marked 925 for Sterling Silver. 4th bracelet--- Looks like a flower shaped style with stones that look to me like Blue Topaz, Amethyst, and Citrine set in a 925 Sterling. OK PICTURE #2. 1st Bracelet-- This heart link bracelet looks like goldtone metal with rhinestones. The catch gives it away to me. It is most likely NOT marked. 2nd bracelet--- This looks looks heart shaped cubic zirconia stones set in 925 sterling. 3rd bracelet--- This heart link bracelet also looks like it is made with cubic zirconia stones set in 925 sterling. Last group, PICTURE #3 1st bracelet--- Looks like Garnets set in a 925 sterling setting. 2nd bracelet--- Look like another Garnet bracelet with white Zircon stones on each side of the garnets in 925 sterling setting. 3rd bracelet--- This is possibly another Garnet bracelet or could be Lab Created Rubies set in 925 sterling. I enhanced the photos as much as I could to see, but without extreme close ups, I'm making an educated guess here. Suzanne Somers did a LOT of colored stones, cubic zirconia and rhinestone jewelry way back. Also on most of your bracelets are the safety catches and bracelets with those catches are USUALLY sterling and gold over sterling and I see most of the bracelets you have are that style. Get a REALLY GOOD magnifying glass to check for metal marks, 925, 14kt, 10kt, etc. Back when I bought Suzanne Somers jewelry, these bracelets would have cost around $100.00 or more each. I'm NOT saying you could get that price now, but at least it's a starting point to figure out how much you would want to start the selling price for. Good Luck with everything Mina! :)
Thanks for valuable information. I bought a 10x magnifying glass lass week but my 58 yr old eyes need more, still can’t read the markings! Lol! Time for a jewelers loupe.
Sure am glad I don’t mind sleuthing this jewelry out and you all have been invaluable! Keeping hoping I will hit the jackpot on a piece or two! Lol!
8 x

MinaLoves2Shop

AD wrote:
2 years ago
My Grandson found a bracelet about 2-3 years ago, I told him I didn’t think it was real gold, NO MARKINGS!! Well he and dad took it to the pawnshop :lol: the gold didn’t look right, turns out it was 18 kt. :shock: They gave him...500.00 $. It was a heart bracelet 8 inches solid hearts of gold :o :shock: wow and wow again. Obviously worth more than he got he was happy 😊.... H 😊. Got to make a profit :lol:
Keep hoping I can find a couple winners , so far I can’t even pay for my moms meals in assisted living. Lol
6 x

AD

Post by AD » 2 years ago

My mother was in a assisted living for several years and it is EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE. And this was probably ten to fifteen years ago. I can’t even imagine what the cost is now :shock: H 😊
7 x

Sissy2

Post by Sissy2 » 2 years ago

MinaLoves2shop. For the most part Jewelry Queen says she agrees with Mpompadour. The following is her input. The top bracelet is peridot. Peridot is currently very popular and has seen a rise in price. Retail the bracelet is worth about $375. She suggests asking $189.99 for it. The second one also does appear to be tourmaline. If so it is worth around $400, so the same asking price. The third bracelet looks like Orissa garnet to her. Ask $150 for it but be prepared to go down to $125. The fourth one does appear to be multi semi precious gemstones. She suggests you ask $75 for it. The two cz bracelets would go for about $20 apiece. She has the heart bracelet and suggests $15 as it is gold over. The next one she cannot tell. I have no ability to enlarge the images. The next one with the x's between the stone is a very poor quality dyed ruby bracelet. Maybe $30 -35? She thinks the last one is lab created ruby. Try asking $75-80 for it. These are not retail prices but this is second hand jewelry with no documentation. She further says a jeweler will offer you 10 -20 cents on the dollar, so for example you would be lucky to get $40 for the peridot bracelet from them. She also say if you get a caliper or some way to measure the millimeter size of the stones that would be helpful for valuations. Good luck!
PS She says these are her opinions only but wanted to give you some idea.
5 x

RoseyRuby

Post by RoseyRuby » 2 years ago

AD wrote:
2 years ago
That's probably what I would do, in this situation. Take a bunch of stuff to a pawnshop or two and see if they can tell what it's worth. All of the stuff is absolutely beautiful, btw.
5 x

Sissy2

Post by Sissy2 » 2 years ago

MinaLoves2shop. Do you have photos of more stuff? I really like the opportunity to see other peoples jewelry.
4 x