Need Help Figuring Out What Hundreds of Items Are!

RoseyRuby

Re: Need Help Figuring Out What Hundreds of Items Are!

Post by RoseyRuby » 2 years ago

I'm wondering if you can call customer service and ask to cross reference a customer #, with her phone #? Regardless of how she ordered, thru an automated system or phone rep., she would still have some sort of an account #, to identify herself in the case of returns. Maybe her acct.# is even on an old invoice, if they haven't all been discarded.
9 x

Topic Tags:

Leanderlynne

Post by Leanderlynne » 2 years ago

In all actuality, I would contact a Jeweler and explain the situation and see if they would help you with this. It would save time and they might even buy some or all of it. It's a thought.
6 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 2 years ago

Is your mother unable to identify any of this stuff?

Separate the items into categories such as earrings, rings etc and see if the order history contains item numbers. Are all of the items from 2014?

I'm sorry, but without pictures or any other info it will be impossible to help.
7 x

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » 2 years ago

Hi Mina,

I'm assuming the order history for her shoplc purchases includes the item numbers/skus even if there aren't pictures. Here's a neat trick for getting complete product information on items even if they are sold out or out of stock. (Note that it won't work for EVERYthing, since they sometimes completely retire an item.)

You need to use your browser's search option, not the search bar within the shoplc site.

So, use the following format in your browser search bar:
shoplc.com/p/_______ where the underline is the product number/sku

I just confirmed with an item I bought back in 2018 (which hasn't been available for years) and got all the details for the ring. I don't know how far back in time this method will work, but you might give it a try.

Wishing you the best of luck!! (Having gone through cleanouts for both an aunt and my mother, I know how daunting and frustrating your task is.) ~Scooby
14 x

MinaLoves2Shop

Post by MinaLoves2Shop » 2 years ago

I just have to thank all of you! What a wonderful group of people! You have all been so supportive! I’ve used a quite a bit of your ideas and have made some head way. I’m starting to think I have about 8k worth of cheap jewelry. Surprisingly there are a few pieces I thought were worth more then they actually were. Oh well.

I’m not giving up, but it looks like it is going to be best to sell in large lots.
9 x

MinaLoves2Shop

scoobydoo wrote:
2 years ago
Hi Mina,

I'm assuming the order history for her shoplc purchases includes the item numbers/skus even if there aren't pictures. Here's a neat trick for getting complete product information on items even if they are sold out or out of stock. (Note that it won't work for EVERYthing, since they sometimes completely retire an item.)

You need to use your browser's search option, not the search bar within the shoplc site.

So, use the following format in your browser search bar:
shoplc.com/p/_______ where the underline is the product number/sku

I just confirmed with an item I bought back in 2018 (which hasn't been available for years) and got all the details for the ring. I don't know how far back in time this method will work, but you might give it a try.

Wishing you the best of luck!! (Having gone through cleanouts for both an aunt and my mother, I know how daunting and frustrating your task is.) ~Scooby
Scoobydoo! Great Answer! This little trick got me about 30 items found . The majority of her orders were in 2014 , I couldn’t get any to come up in that timeframe so there must be a cutoff. 2018 did work!

Thank you!
11 x

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » 2 years ago

@MinaLoves2Shop ,

Glad you were able to identify at least some of the items! Sorry my little trick didn't work for the 2014 items (I afraid of that).

Here's an idea: Even though you say "8k of 'junk' jewelry" perhaps you could keep some of them and use them as stocking stuffers and/or just-for-fun gifts. I was surprised when I found a cache of my old junk jewelry which, when cleaned up and polished, looked pretty good. Kept some, threw some away, and (haha) gifted my nieces this past Christmas. (They all thought the silly things were so cool, LOL.)

And, yes, loads of helpful and knowledgeable people on this forum!!
8 x

MinaLoves2Shop

Any ideas what this necklace is? Fake stones? No marking on heart pendant either?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 2 years ago

The dark blue looks like lapis, the turquoise colored are probably howlite, the single round orange looks like carnelian. No markings on metal means it's mystery metal. I'd put that in the $10 Friday category.
6 x

lah2001

Post by lah2001 » 2 years ago

FYI, sometimes the metal marks are on the clasp.

I concur with Lulu that's probably howlite, lapis, and either red agate or carnelian.

Where do you plan to sell these items? I'd suggest Poshmark, Mercari, or Ebay.
6 x