Yogo Sapphire and other sapphires

RS

Re: Yogo Sapphire and other sapphires

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
It isn't my place to tell a company what they should and shouldn't sell. Some people like the really dark Indian rubies which I wouldn't care to own. There is a price point for everyone and some people don't care if the product isn't the finest grade. Some people like opaque stones.
SLC is actually looking for customer input for new product ideas.
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Thank you, RS. The Shop LC listens of what the customer wants.
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
It isn't my place to tell a company what they should and shouldn't sell.
Lulu, with all due respect, members aren't "telling" SLC what they should sell. They're simply offering suggestions and opinions. 😍

SLC ALWAYS encourages their customers' input and suggestions on what different types of jewelry and stones they would like to see on the show/website.

Check out some of the threads regarding stones, jewelry styles, etc. where members have posted what they would like to see on SLC. 🤗

The Moderators have replied back about the many suggestions with comments such as: "Keep them coming!" 🤩

That's just one of the many reasons for this forum. 🥰
2 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

We definitely do like to receive product suggestions!
2 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
It isn't my place to tell a company what they should and shouldn't sell.
Lulu, with all due respect, members aren't "telling" SLC what they should sell. They're simply offering suggestions and opinions. 😍

SLC ALWAYS encourages their customers' input and suggestions on what different types of jewelry and stones they would like to see on the show/website.

Check out some of the threads regarding stones, jewelry styles, etc. where members have posted what they would like to see on SLC. 🤗

The Moderators have replied back about the many suggestions with comments such as: "Keep them coming!" 🤩

That's just one of the many reasons for this forum. 🥰
With all due respect, saying that a company shouldn't sell Masoala sapphire because it is fissure filled is going over the top. I get it that the OP would prefer to see only natural or heat treated stones. But, some customers don't mind the fissure filling and it certainly fits their wallets better. Even Dan Dennis bought his wife fissure filled African rubies. And, many people don't care for the color of Yogo sapphires. To each their own.
2 x

Margui

Lulu, with all due respect, and according to a respected gemologist that said that these fissure filled stones are NOT longer corundum but a manufactured product and belongs to one place: Custom jewelry. They are so fragile that even lemon juice would damage them. If you going to spend $100 or more on a composite stone, then it's your choice, but don't expect that composite to be as durable as a natural Sapphire. Another GIA gemologist who investigated the fraud committed by two popular well known retail stores, called fissure filled stones " fish gravel". And I noticed many of the ShopLC hosts have a GIA certification. Why the customer have to pay more money for a composite that is more glass than corundum? The worst of that scandal is that those stones were set into solid gold and cost thousands of dollars like they were the real deal. Now both retail stores have trained their sellers about gem treatments.

And high quality Yogo sapphire is rare. I think if Shop LC brought Grandidierite to the show, they can do the same with this type of Montana Sapphire.
4 x

Margui

I can't wait for the upcoming Montana Sapphire this January. I hope I can see a Yogo.
1 x