Too many “simulants”!

RS

Re: Too many “simulants”!

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
SLC also sells on Amazon and EBAY. 2 day free shipping. SLC recently sold a 9 ct Grandidierite ring on Amazon cheaper then on their own website. I sent SLC a pic of it.
Its ok for them to be branching out. What bothers me the most is in the last few months, the site has totally changed for the negative. Prices have gone up. Most things Im hoping to buy dont ever get the coupon. I used to buy hundreds of items if they ended up putting a coupon when there were only a few left. They didn’t artificially increase the price and then add a coupon. No. It was their price, but now with a coupon. I was able to buy hundreds of items for my extended family, adding up to about 40 kids Birthdays, holidays, engagements, graduations etc. Nowadays, I can get things cheaper on sites like Amazon with 2 day free shipping and free UPS returns.
I understand their President is new and is testing the waters.
I bet he changes the new DRAWN OUT final price. The hosts go on and on “ FOREVER” and just when I hope the next item will show, they will say: oh the President called and gave a lower price. So then its drawn out for another what seems forever. He seems nice, but as we all do, he will LIVE & LEARN.
Uhhhh the drawn out getting to the price SCHTICK!

The other night Annika was on with Blake and he was going on and on and on and on and onnnnnnnnn. Even Annika told him to get to the final!! In fact, she told him more than once!

I texted in a couple of times to please get to the price. It doesn’t matter what it is and how much money I have. I won’t buy unless I know the price.

Finally he just wouldn’t get to it and I texted in and said “ok, you just lost me”

I turned the channel. I didn’t watch again until Nikki and Tenner last night and then just for a bit.
6 x

Jewls

Post by Jewls » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
I've seen SLC items at W! In the store and online! 😂
I've also seen on ebay!
1 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 4 years ago

To all the people that are complaining about the costume jewerly.My granddaughters love it and so do I some people can't afford what you buy sorry we just like this for bling!
8 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 4 years ago

Totally agree.They sell only junk recently on auction and amazingly there are people who fell for it or just trolls who boost the prices.
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Boston Irish wrote:
4 years ago
To all the people that are complaining about the costume jewerly.My granddaughters love it and so do I some people can't afford what you buy sorry we just like this for bling!
Boston Irish 🌺 😊 🌺

I buy items I like. I often buy stainless steel jewelry because it's sturdier than Sterling Silver and it doesn't tarnish. I buy A LOT of what some call "costume jewelry".

What bothers me about SLC is the way they price jewelry with stones that aren't real. Simulated stones are fine with me, but not at some of the prices I've seen on here!

I used to buy a lot of quartz here. I am not a "diamond" person. I like items that are different in design and color. I buy bracelets with simulated gemstones all the time. I buy Murano glass pieces, and ceramic. Yes, I have pieces with "real" gemstones, but I didn't buy them BECAUSE of that fact. I bought them because I got good deals on them and because I LIKED THEM.

I often buy items on here that sell for less than 10.00, less than 5.00. I love jewelry. I wear what I like, and I don't care if others don't like my stainless steel rings with colorful designs made with glass or my stainless steel bracelets and necklaces.

If I was a billionaire I would still buy what I liked, and what I find interesting. And that would be "costume jewelry" to the wealthy, but I'd still wear it.

Even if I was invited to an event at The White House. In fact, I am the type of person who often PURPOSELY wears the "wrong" things to places and events where others would be shocked.

I wear ripped jeans and boots to "fancy smancy" dinner parties. Along with my different stainless steel items and oddly shaped rings with agates, moonstones, polished "rocks", unpolished bumpy "rocks", etc.
😂

Whatever I want to wear, is what others will see me in.

If others don't like my jeans or leggings and boots, or sweaters or cardigans or short jackets over a lacy tank top, well I guess that's just too bad! If what I wear isn't "good enough" or pricey enough for them, guess what? They aren't people I want to associate with. I absolutely despise snobbery.

I think what most people mean in this thread is that SLC used to offer fluorite and quartz stones, and more. Not just treated gemstones and then the alternative: simulated.

Quartz isn't always expensive. I have a lot of it and it's BEAUTIFUL. I also love Thai Black Spinel and have a lot of pieces made with it as well as Shungite which I purchased here about two years ago, or more. It wasn't as expensive then as it is on here now!

I have Sterling Silver rings with Thai Black Spinel and other real gemstones from here that sold for under 10.00. They aren't as "weighty" or as valuable as the more expensive; they aren't "precious gemstones", but who cares? What matters is whether I like them or not.

Unless I'm buying for gifts, I buy what I think is pretty, cute, interesting, unique, etc.

With some of my rings my sister has looked at them while I was wearing then and has said: "That one is hideous." And we both crack up, laughing!
😂 🤣

She knows I like things that are different. She's the same way. She finds a lot of Bali pieces she loves, and other styles online and "used". Oh, wait. The NEW term for that is "Pre-Owned." Same thing! They're inexpensive and gorgeous!

Give me a meteor ring or earrings that are handmade and painted using clays, etc. Or an interesting geode pendant. I'd like to see more lab created gemstones on here. It fascinates me that a gemstone can be created in a lab.

Just don't lie to me about stones offered on whether they're treated, how they're treated, what they REALLY are, or overprice them. That is just ONE of the issues that bothers me about SLC lately.
7 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Boston Irish wrote:
4 years ago
Boston Irish 🌺 😊 🌺

I buy items I like. I often buy stainless steel jewelry because it's sturdier than Sterling Silver and it doesn't tarnish. I buy A LOT of what some call "costume jewelry".

What bothers me about SLC is the way they price jewelry with stones that aren't real. Simulated stones are fine with me, but not at some of the prices I've seen on here!

I used to buy a lot of quartz here. I am not a "diamond" person. I like items that are different in design and color. I buy bracelets with simulated gemstones all the time. I buy Murano glass pieces, and ceramic. Yes, I have pieces with "real" gemstones, but I didn't buy them BECAUSE of that fact. I bought them because I got good deals on them and because I LIKED THEM.

I often buy items on here that sell for less than 10.00, less than 5.00. I love jewelry. I wear what I like, and I don't care if others don't like my stainless steel rings with colorful designs made with glass or my stainless steel bracelets and necklaces.

If I was a billionaire I would still buy what I liked, and what I find interesting. And that would be "costume jewelry" to the wealthy, but I'd still wear it.

Even if I was invited to an event at The White House. In fact, I am the type of person who often PURPOSELY wears the "wrong" things to places and events where others would be shocked.

I wear ripped jeans and boots to "fancy smancy" dinner parties. Along with my different stainless steel items and oddly shaped rings with agates, moonstones, polished "rocks", unpolished bumpy "rocks", etc.
😂

Whatever I want to wear, is what others will see me in.

If others don't like my jeans or leggings and boots, or sweaters or cardigans or short jackets over a lacy tank top, well I guess that's just too bad! If what I wear isn't "good enough" or pricey enough for them, guess what? They aren't people I want to associate with. I absolutely despise snobbery.

I think what most people mean in this thread is that SLC used to offer fluorite and quartz stones, and more. Not just treated gemstones and then the alternative: simulated.

Quartz isn't always expensive. I have a lot of it and it's BEAUTIFUL. I also love Thai Black Spinel and have a lot of pieces made with it as well as Shungite which I purchased here about two years ago, or more. It wasn't as expensive then as it is on here now!

I have Sterling Silver rings with Thai Black Spinel and other real gemstones from here that sold for under 10.00. They aren't as "weighty" or as valuable as the more expensive; they aren't "precious gemstones", but who cares? What matters is whether I like them or not.

Unless I'm buying for gifts, I buy what I think is pretty, cute, interesting, unique, etc.

With some of my rings my sister has looked at them while I was wearing then and has said: "That one is hideous." And we both crack up, laughing!
😂 🤣

She knows I like things that are different. She's the same way. She finds a lot of Bali pieces she loves, and other styles online and "used". Oh, wait. The NEW term for that is "Pre-Owned." Same thing! They're inexpensive and gorgeous!

Give me a meteor ring or earrings that are handmade and painted using clays, etc. Or an interesting geode pendant. I'd like to see more lab created gemstones on here. It fascinates me that a gemstone can be created in a lab.

Just don't lie to me about stones offered on whether they're treated, how they're treated, what they REALLY are, or overprice them. That is just ONE of the issues that bothers me about SLC lately.
Cat,
Thinking you & I would be great friends! I live in 'Nowheresville' USA where no one knows ruby from glass, etc. Like you, I buy something because I like it & it makes me feel good not because it has a designer name attached or it has a higher price tag. I remember when SLC used to say "we don't offer designer pieces & that's why we are able to keep our prices so low"...Duh, and now people wonder why SLC prices have increased?
You go girl!!!
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I agree I do not want to buy glass and I do not buy anything in goldtone or silvertone. Shop LC was not JTV, JTV is still here and they are a different shopping network.
6 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 4 years ago

Thank you for your post I wear what I want too.I do love all your posts and they make me laugh as you can see by my posts I'm not very good at this .I know I run everything together.I meant no disrespect to anyone on here.I miss all the things they had in the past and also think it will never be the same.thanks for your reply and I do agree with you.Have a great day!
4 x

Kb

Post by Kb » 4 years ago

Boston Irish wrote:
4 years ago
Thank you for your post I wear what I want too.I do love all your posts and they make me laugh as you can see by my posts I'm not very good at this .I know I run everything together.I meant no disrespect to anyone on here.I miss all the things they had in the past and also think it will never be the same.thanks for your reply and I do agree with you.Have a great day!
Boston Irish
We all miss the beautiful jewelry and designs that no longer are offered by slc. I'm bored with the jewelry they have. I use to get thrilled looking, not know more. Looking for a nice blue sapphire. There all junk. 9.99. I dont want junk or silvertone that turns your fingers green. I've been buying st jtv.com they have a good bit of new jewelry coming in for the holiday's
Come on slc listen to the people
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

I also can't wear 'tone' rings. Turns my finger green every time! Found out silver from other networks (unless overlayed w/rhodium or platinum) does the same. I do appreciate SLC using nickel free sterling silver!
5 x