Ruby Smackdown

RS

Ruby Smackdown

Post by RS » 4 years ago

While I do not typically like rubies it could be that I have yet to see a design that speaks to me.

In light of there being a smackdown tomorrow (wish it was not all day)...I wonder if the items presented will be clearly labeled with whatever enhancements they may have.

I checked out the SLC enhancement list. It says, for instance, that Burmese rubies are either heated OR, heated and fissure filled. There are three lines incorporating Burmese rubies with different enhancements.

So some may be only heat, some may have more. If there will not be full disclosure - on screen - of the enhancements I certainly will not be watching or buying. At all.
5 x

LisaC2019

Re: Ruby Smackdown

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Awwwww...but this is not just a regular Ruby Smackdown...it is a Christmas Smackdown. LOL...I truly understand what you are saying. I don't purchase a lot of Rubies and have returned most of those received due to the overall quality of the Rubies. I hope there are some good offers and that you get the information on whether or not the Rubies are enhances or not.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Awwwww...but this is not just a regular Ruby Smackdown...it is a Christmas Smackdown. LOL...I truly understand what you are saying. I don't purchase a lot of Rubies and have returned most of those received due to the overall quality of the Rubies. I hope there are some good offers and that you get the information on whether or not the Rubies are enhances or not.
🎄☃️🎁🎅🏻 We shall see...👀
2 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

They use to put FF on the TV graphics for the African ruby and told everyone that the Burmese were just heated, now they do not put even the FF up on the graphics anymore. We all found out that even the Burmese are FF. I found out when I took an expensive one to the jewelers.
5 x

LisaC2019

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
They use to put FF on the TV graphics for the African ruby and told everyone that the Burmese were just heated, now they do not put even the FF up on the graphics anymore. We all found out that even the Burmese are FF. I found out when I took an expensive one to the jewelers.
I remember seeing that information in the graphics and did not know what it meant. After researching, I realized I did not want any of the fissure filled rubies. Some of the ones I received were terrible looking. The stones had brown spots on them and most were scratched so bad I don't know why they were even shipped out. I did like the Niassa Rubies and those were some of the pieces I decided to keep in for collection.
2 x

LisaC2019

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
They must have read your post Gem Lover because the (FF) is listed on the graphics for the TLV!!!
3 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

My niassa ruby also looked great, but I wasn’t warned about not putting a fissure filled stone into a ultrasonic cleaner. It exploded. Was after 30 days, so I lost over $200. When O researched FF stones, I was better off getting costume jewelry. I was enjoying the boys tonight until Tenner pretended that Adi had a price mistake, so the viewers were getting a bigger deal. Very few viewers fell for it. Tenner is ok until he plays the price mistake. Adi improved alot since the beginning.
Oh no, they are just trying to get us to buy the necklaces by using hungry kids to convince us to buy. Most companies give charity, which they deduct on their taxes, but dont use the charities to pull at viewers heartstrings. In America our Govt gives FREE school meals to needy kids. The video of the india kids show well dressed kids. Not underweight. It’s the third world countries that the kids are starving. Dont even have shoes to get to school. I wish SLC would partner with charitable organizations to help those kids. PLEASE HELP THOSE KIDS !! Btw- lots of Burma rubies are FF.
I had to cut off alot of info from the article, because this site kept on claiming its too large. Im sooo upset. I thought Burma rubies were oiled but not fissure filled 😖
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

I'm glad to see a post on Rubíes again after one of the Mods locked my post. I just saw a necklace for $87 plus budget pay for "fish gravel" and it's obvious that they don't put the FF on Burmese rubíes, those rubies would great from industry not for jewelry.

I hope they bring the John Saul Ruby again, then I will looking for some pieces. This Ruby is heated only.
2 x

Margui

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
My niassa ruby also looked great, but I wasn’t warned about not putting a fissure filled stone into a ultrasonic cleaner. It exploded. Was after 30 days, so I lost over $200. When O researched FF stones, I was better off getting costume jewelry. I was enjoying the boys tonight until Tenner pretended that Adi had a price mistake, so the viewers were getting a bigger deal. Very few viewers fell for it. Tenner is ok until he plays the price mistake. Adi improved alot since the beginning.
Oh no, they are just trying to get us to buy the necklaces by using hungry kids to convince us to buy. Most companies give charity, which they deduct on their taxes, but dont use the charities to pull at viewers heartstrings. In America our Govt gives FREE school meals to needy kids. The video of the india kids show well dressed kids. Not underweight. It’s the third world countries that the kids are starving. Dont even have shoes to get to school. I wish SLC would partner with charitable organizations to help those kids. PLEASE HELP THOSE KIDS !! Btw- lots of Burma rubies are FF.
I had to cut off alot of info from the article, because this site kept on claiming its too large. Im sooo upset. I thought Burma rubies were oiled but not fissure filled 😖
I'm sorry that you lost $200 for a composite stone that is no longer corundum and it's no durable at all. Buying FF stones, they are no gems to me, it's a waste of money. And it's illegal if the jewelry stores don't disclose the treatments. I won't buy Burma rubies anymore, but the John Saul Ruby which is heat treated only. I wonder when the latter will be available.
1 x

Margui

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
They must have read your post Gem Lover because the (FF) is listed on the graphics for the TLV!!!
LisaC2019: The mods read my thread about Rubies and locked it. It seems that this issue bothers them, they don't recognize the FF rubies are composite stones that lost its natural properties and value. Before the Fisure- Filled treatments, these rubies were discarded because of poor quality and not fit for jewelry.
6 x