Overkill

Teachergirl

Overkill

Post by Teachergirl » 2 years ago

More moissanite? Omg after a smackdown on Sat an entire day of moissanite today. I miss the old LC with a variety of great products. This is nuts. Please get Ankur off the air. He is impossible to listen to. I turn on LC once and then turn it off. Please stop the nonsense.
14 x

mpompadour

Re: Overkill

Post by mpompadour » 2 years ago

You're right. 2 hosts are bad enough to have to listen to, but 3? Why? It's just TOO MUCH! :roll:
8 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 2 years ago

Remember the days when SLC had a variety of jewelry such as, quartz in every color imaginable, Dendritic agate, Script stone, Bumble bee jasper, Tasmanian Stichtite, different colors of Mohave turquoise, pink opal, peach opal, black spinel and the list goes on... they never do any of these gemstones as a smack down. I’m sick of Moissanite, Sleeping Beauty, Tanzanite, Diamonds and gold smack downs. I suggest every year for August to do a Peridot smack down but no they do not, just a few hours on Wednesday this week. I guess you can blame COVID for their depleted and boring inventory.
10 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 2 years ago

Bella wrote:
2 years ago
Remember the days when SLC had a variety of jewelry such as, quartz in every color imaginable, Dendritic agate, Script stone, Bumble bee jasper, Tasmanian Stichtite, different colors of Mohave turquoise, pink opal, peach opal, black spinel and the list goes on... they never do any of these gemstones as a smack down. I’m sick of Moissanite, Sleeping Beauty, Tanzanite, Diamonds and gold smack downs. I suggest every year for August to do a Peridot smack down but no they do not, just a few hours on Wednesday this week. I guess you can blame COVID for their depleted and boring inventory.
Yep, when it was the Liquidation Channel, the variety was awesome. I miss that SO much. To tell you the truth, I am SICK of ALL the smackdowns, especially Tanzanite. They have completely run that stone in the ground. A couple of hours of ANY gemstone would be sufficient. They always seem to do those smackdowns on weekends when people are off work and should be showing a variety of jewelry products. The smackdowns are SO boring. :x :roll: I hate to say it but I almost hate Tanzanite and wouldn't care if I EVER saw another piece of it. :lol:
9 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 2 years ago

I could not agree more! I’m not really that fond of smackdowns myself, but I don’t see SLC doing away with them.
6 x

Gemini1952

Post by Gemini1952 » 2 years ago

Moissanite is nothing more than a man made stone...a step up from cubic zirconia!! so why would anyone be in awe of such a stone to warrant such false hype?
7 x

William

Post by William » 2 years ago

Hi Everyone --- I Hope everyone is well!!!

I Also MISS the LC and ALL the incredible Variety that we use to enjoy!!! I think there are several things at work here---
For One -- I Think that Mr. Agarwal wants ShopLC to be More Exclusive and more higher end --- the way TJC in Great Brittain is -- where he was most recently -- and the way this network was when it started (as TJC) ?

I DO Miss the incredible Quartz shows -- Yes-- Every Color seemed available -- including Watermelon-- remember that!
Geez they used to do such a beautiful dark blue version!!!
I remember the Bumble Bee jasper shows-- So Many others --

But there have been a lot of unfortunate things happen in the gemstone world---
I think to some degree ShopLC is selling ------------ what they Can Get!

Think about it --
Tanzanite --- mine closed --- But as they say --- they are #1--- so they still have some --- or the ability to get some
Rhodolite Garnet---mine exhausted
Sleeping Beauty --- mine closed 2012
Black Spinel -- The Thailand mines are pretty much done -- or Done --
Kanchanaburi Sapphire -- mine closed
Mehenge Pink Spinel --- mine exhausted
Iolite -- mines exhausted ( in India) (as far as I am aware)
Paraiba Apatite-- mines exhausted
Neon Apatite --- mines exhausted
Morganite -- mines exhausted or mining Tantalum

Peridot Supposedly difficult to get now
Topaz-- Sky - Swiss - London - Mystic Supposedly difficult to get now ( there are only 2 producers of London Blue left in the world as far as I am aware)
Rose De France Amethyst Supposedly difficult to get now
Prasiolite Supposedly difficult to get now
Smoky Quartz -- Supposedly difficult to get now
Ametrine - Supposedly difficult to get now
Fire Opal - Supposedly difficult to get now

Russian Diopside -- still available but supposedly mine has not produced since 2017
Welo Opal - still have some -- but again -- supposedly switching to mining Tantalum
Shungite -- ( I Agree that we saw Enough of that!!!!) --but suppsoedly mine not producing --- and we do Not see it like we did the last 2 years!
Moldavite-- supposedly near mined out ?? --difficult to get
Turkish Diaspore -- whatever name you want to use--Supposedly mines are Not producing

Black Star Diospide - Supposedly difficult to get now-- or mined out ?
Sri Lankin Moonstone - also mined out ?

We still see rose quartz----
they used to do a Lot of Lapis Lazuli shows??? ( perhaps it is not expensive enough?)
I can Not believe that Amethyst Or Citrine would be difficult to get

So ---- maybe they are presenting --- what they can get their hands on ??????

Anyway -- Anyone can completely correct me for anything I am wrong about -- Thanks All!
13 x

Summer71

Post by Summer71 » 2 years ago

William i am totally impressed with your post. 👍
8 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 2 years ago

@William , you forgot about the champagne diamonds from the Argyle mine in Australia - the main source. :P
7 x

William

Post by William » 2 years ago

Hi Everyone !

Thanks Summer!!!

You are Right LuLu -- but that is so recent I figured everyone was aware -- but still -- You are Right -- No more Champagne Diamonds from the Argyle mine -- (Or Pink -- Yellow-- Blue --- Black----- Or White either!)

Also I forgot that supposedly --- Ammolite is getting less and difficult as well--
and I forgot -- No more Black Tourmaline from Australia

Anyway --- Hope everyone is Good !!! Also --- Thanks to the moderators for all your routine help
10 x