Russian (Chrome) diopside

Margui

Russian (Chrome) diopside

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

There will be another Smackdown for this gem, I though it won't be anymore because it is difficult to mine. The gem has a vivid green color and brilliance. Besides it's natural with no treatments. I think Emerald would be literally green with envy. What do you think about this gem? Share your thoughts.
3 x

RS

Re: Russian (Chrome) diopside

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
There will be another Smackdown for this gem, I though it won't be anymore because it is difficult to mine. The gem has a vivid green color and brilliance. Besides it's natural with no treatments. I think Emerald would be literally green with envy. What do you think about this gem? Share your thoughts.
This is a smackdown I will actually be glad to watch. I LOVE this gemstone. Ever since I first discovered it I actually left emeralds behind. I have collected quite a few pieces but since I love it so much I would like to add more.
I bought some pieces for my daughter for this upcoming Christmas as she has expressed how much she likes mine. I will be on the lookout for a nice pendant for her.

I love that it’s all natural and the stones have such a vibrant color. I have red hair and green eyes, probably why I like green!
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I have been buying Russian Chrome Diopside for a few years now and the price has gone up quite a bit since I first started purchasing it which tells me it will be a good investment at some point. I love it, I have many items of it including watch's, It is a beautiful natural gem. If you do not have any it is worth buying it will not disappoint.
0 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 4 years ago

It' s a green nice stone with low value. The carat is very cheap and there is an abundance of them in Russia: don' t believe the fake news that this gem is rare. Also it is not treated. The color can vary from a nice almost like emerald green to a dull dark green.
3 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

I'm always baffled by the comparisons made between chrome diopside and emerald. To me, there's no similarity, other than the fact they are both green. They are both beautiful in their own right, but very different in appearance. Although I'm not a big fan of green (red is my favorite color), I do enjoy the clarity and brightness of the chrome diopside; but to me there's no green gem prettier than a high quality emerald. Emerald's beauty actually comes from the natural inclusions within it that create it's remarkable glow. Emeralds have a bluish tint, whereas chrome diopside has a slight yellowish tint. You can really see the difference when you put one next to the other.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

2Blonde wrote:
4 years ago
I'm always baffled by the comparisons made between chrome diopside and emerald. To me, there's no similarity, other than the fact they are both green. They are both beautiful in their own right, but very different in appearance. Although I'm not a big fan of green (red is my favorite color), I do enjoy the clarity and brightness of the chrome diopside; but to me there's no green gem prettier than a high quality emerald. Emerald's beauty actually comes from the natural inclusions within it that create it's remarkable glow. Emeralds have a bluish tint, whereas chrome diopside has a slight yellowish tint. You can really see the difference when you put one next to the other.
ITA they are not the same. I just personally prefer the darker green of the diopside.

Oh I also love red!!!! My car is cherry red too!
1 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
2Blonde wrote:
4 years ago
ITA they are not the same. I just personally prefer the darker green of the diopside.

Hey RS, I drive a bright red Mustang! :D
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

2Blonde wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
2Blonde wrote:
4 years ago

Hey RS, I drive a bright red Mustang! :D
Vroom...Bright red and a Dark (diopside) Green (haha) BMWs ‼️
1 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
Russian diopside is in my top 3! I loooove it!! 😍😍
I'd almost put up with the Siberian cold to mine some myself.
1 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

When compared to the barely green Colombian emeralds that have been presented, chrome diopside is clearly more desirable as a green stone. I've seen Colombian emeralds that actually are an emerald green. The ones shown lately look more like aquamarine.
0 x