AIG Report

Gem Lover

Re: AIG Report

Post by Gem Lover » 2 years ago

@colljoe Thank you for that info, they never said anything about being treated, just natural but shop lc also calls their glass filled ruby natural which I do not think is right. I will be checking out the report info to see what I can did up. If this is heat treated then why did they make such a big deal out of it and charge so much more, such a rip off if that is the case. The original price on this item was $187.99.
5 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 2 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
2 years ago
@colljoe Thank you for that info, they never said anything about being treated, just natural but shop lc also calls their glass filled ruby natural which I do not think is right. I will be checking out the report info to see what I can did up. If this is heat treated then why did they make such a big deal out of it and charge so much more, such a rip off if that is the case. The original price on this item was $187.99.
Gem Lover: This AIG report and what you found out about it being "one of the beads" I though was outrageous. The AIG report on "one" bead? Which bead? And is it "one" bead from every necklace they sell that gets the AIG report? They do mention in their TV Presentation that one bead was passed through the AIG, but all the beads are alike. As a reseller, it is my obligation to disclose that, (as well as it being heat treated). I pulled up the piece and in the Rating and Reviews someone asked; "it says natural but the description says heat treated, what is it?"...SLC said to "contact customer service". Suspicious! I looked at the description of the piece and sure enough, it states under Treatment - H. So I pulled up Gemstone Enhancements and looked under Lists. Under Amber:Baltic, the H stands for heat treated to enhance color and to add "sun spangles". Something I have never heard of. To me, personally, that is not natural and never should have been sold as such. And, in my personal and humble opinion here, should have been sold for half of what it is selling for, just because it is NOT natural amber.
5 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 2 years ago

@colljoe I agree and I think the reports are just a gimmick.
4 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 2 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
2 years ago
@Spooky Adding up the beads will not work with this one because the beads are graduated and not all the same size. My whole concern is if the report is for just one bead then the rest could be fake for all I know, if they are going to give you a report on the item it should be on the whole item. If you get a report from a jeweler it is on all the stones in the item not just one unless the report is on a solitaire. This is fishy to me.
Exactly! I was agreeing with you. Fishy. My other thought was
getting an approximation of the carat weight. Yes you’d be guessing but it might give you a little more information.
Tip: how to tell if you have real amber, get UV lamp
and shine it on your amber. If the beads fluoresce it’s real. The beads will look somewhat like a neon sign but
probably not that bright. I test all my amber this way.
I ordered the certified amber bracelet and will be testing each bead.
I got my UV lamp/flashlight for gem identification a long time ago but they’re readily available online.
3 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 2 years ago

colljoe wrote:
2 years ago
Gem Lover wrote:
2 years ago
Gem Lover: This AIG report and what you found out about it being "one of the beads" I though was outrageous. The AIG report on "one" bead? Which bead? And is it "one" bead from every necklace they sell that gets the AIG report? They do mention in their TV Presentation that one bead was passed through the AIG, but all the beads are alike. As a reseller, it is my obligation to disclose that, (as well as it being heat treated). I pulled up the piece and in the Rating and Reviews someone asked; "it says natural but the description says heat treated, what is it?"...SLC said to "contact customer service". Suspicious! I looked at the description of the piece and sure enough, it states under Treatment - H. So I pulled up Gemstone Enhancements and looked under Lists. Under Amber:Baltic, the H stands for heat treated to enhance color and to add "sun spangles". Something I have never heard of. To me, personally, that is not natural and never should have been sold as such. And, in my personal and humble opinion here, should have been sold for half of what it is selling for, just because it is NOT natural amber.
They did bring up the whole ‘spangle’ thing in the presentation but never said the beaded necklace or bracelet’s amber beads were heated. Also, part of the sales pitch was that a lot of the amber you see at trade shows
is reconstituted but these beads weren’t and therefore
are more special.
2 x

RobinJ

Post by RobinJ » 2 years ago

:roll:
Vonnie wrote:
2 years ago
Gem Lover wrote:
2 years ago
I just received my amber necklace item # 6900410 which came with the AIG report but after viewing it I can not see any value in having this report. First of all the report says the item is natural Amber and loose gemstone, then it says it is 3.53cts. well this is a 150ct. necklace so this does not match what I purchased. There is also a disclaimer on the back that says it "all information given represents the opinion at the time of testing, it does not take into account of any subsequent modifications of the item tested." I think once again this is a gimmick to sell items and not worth the paper it is written on. I am not happy and there was no joy delivered. From what this report says it sounds like a different item since the caret weight is not even close and if they tested just one bead then who is to say the others are real and the fact it says it does not take into consideration of modifications does that mean it could be dyed/ treated in any way? This necklace also came in a plastic bag in the shipping bag with no box and the original price on it was $187.99, why if this necklace is worth an AIG report would it be shipped like a $9.99 item, even most of those come in a box!!!
Simple solution: send it back and shop somewhere else.
Maybe she likes it and wants to keep it, but would value having correct and easily understood information. Why the snark?
2 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 2 years ago

Very fishy indeed. I would return it to be on the safe side.I noticed also that all their amber items are heated, I bought only some very affordable items , low prices just for the design.I never ventured to buy items over $50 from them because I don ‘t trust any on line jewelry vendors and I noticed all the problems customers have to be refunded. Best of luck Gem lover.
1 x

RobinJ

Post by RobinJ » 2 years ago

Vonnie wrote:
2 years ago
Gem Lover wrote:
2 years ago
I just received my amber necklace item # 6900410 which came with the AIG report but after viewing it I can not see any value in having this report. First of all the report says the item is natural Amber and loose gemstone, then it says it is 3.53cts. well this is a 150ct. necklace so this does not match what I purchased. There is also a disclaimer on the back that says it "all information given represents the opinion at the time of testing, it does not take into account of any subsequent modifications of the item tested." I think once again this is a gimmick to sell items and not worth the paper it is written on. I am not happy and there was no joy delivered. From what this report says it sounds like a different item since the caret weight is not even close and if they tested just one bead then who is to say the others are real and the fact it says it does not take into consideration of modifications does that mean it could be dyed/ treated in any way? This necklace also came in a plastic bag in the shipping bag with no box and the original price on it was $187.99, why if this necklace is worth an AIG report would it be shipped like a $9.99 item, even most of those come in a box!!!
Maybe she likes it and wants to keep it, but would value having correct and easily understood information. Why the snark?
0 x

Vonnie

Post by Vonnie » 2 years ago

RobinJ wrote:
2 years ago
:roll:
Vonnie wrote:
2 years ago
Gem Lover wrote:
2 years ago
No snark, I'm simply offering an easy solution. Geez.
0 x

MDK

Post by MDK » 2 years ago

Thanks for the info.
I bought the bracelet and wanted to get the matching necklace, but now... I dont think so. Disappointing. They said it was completely natural just to learn that it is not.? Well, its pretty none the less. But darn!
Thanks again tho, that was very helpful info. Have a good day everyone.
0 x