AIG Report

Gem Lover

AIG Report

Post by Gem Lover » 2 years ago

I just received my amber necklace item # 6900410 which came with the AIG report but after viewing it I can not see any value in having this report. First of all the report says the item is natural Amber and loose gemstone, then it says it is 3.53cts. well this is a 150ct. necklace so this does not match what I purchased. There is also a disclaimer on the back that says it "all information given represents the opinion at the time of testing, it does not take into account of any subsequent modifications of the item tested." I think once again this is a gimmick to sell items and not worth the paper it is written on. I am not happy and there was no joy delivered. From what this report says it sounds like a different item since the caret weight is not even close and if they tested just one bead then who is to say the others are real and the fact it says it does not take into consideration of modifications does that mean it could be dyed/ treated in any way? This necklace also came in a plastic bag in the shipping bag with no box and the original price on it was $187.99, why if this necklace is worth an AIG report would it be shipped like a $9.99 item, even most of those come in a box!!!
14 x

Ramen

Re: AIG Report

Post by Ramen » 2 years ago

If I received something like that, it would be SENT BACK🤨
4 x

bluez

Post by bluez » 2 years ago

Did you try to verify it? Maybe that would reveal more info or at least be interesting.
https://aigllabs.com/verify-report/
bluez
6 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 2 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
2 years ago
I just received my amber necklace item # 6900410 which came with the AIG report but after viewing it I can not see any value in having this report. First of all the report says the item is natural Amber and loose gemstone, then it says it is 3.53cts. well this is a 150ct. necklace so this does not match what I purchased. There is also a disclaimer on the back that says it "all information given represents the opinion at the time of testing, it does not take into account of any subsequent modifications of the item tested." I think once again this is a gimmick to sell items and not worth the paper it is written on. I am not happy and there was no joy delivered. From what this report says it sounds like a different item since the caret weight is not even close and if they tested just one bead then who is to say the others are real and the fact it says it does not take into consideration of modifications does that mean it could be dyed/ treated in any way? This necklace also came in a plastic bag in the shipping bag with no box and the original price on it was $187.99, why if this necklace is worth an AIG report would it be shipped like a $9.99 item, even most of those come in a box!!!
Hi @Gem Lover
The AIG report shows that the report is based on one bead in the necklace. What you don’t know is if that bead was used in your necklace or if it was used in your necklace, what about the rest of the beads? My other question: the necklace is supposed to be 150 ctw. If 1 bead is 3.53, I’d count the beads and see if it all adds up to total carat weight.

Another big issue is different pricing depending on what webpage you look at. The difference in price ranges from $9.99 to many hundreds of dollars. Beware if you shop for Rhapsody Tanzanite. If you put Rhapsody AAAA in Lc search box you’ll see prices that were current 2 days ago. If you click on that item you can expect a ridiculous change in price when you get to the actual webpage of the item. From my browsing the price change effects many of the Rhapsody Tanzanite
4 x

Vonnie

Post by Vonnie » 2 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
2 years ago
Simple solution: send it back and shop somewhere else.
2 x

Gem Lover

@Spooky Adding up the beads will not work with this one because the beads are graduated and not all the same size. My whole concern is if the report is for just one bead then the rest could be fake for all I know, if they are going to give you a report on the item it should be on the whole item. If you get a report from a jeweler it is on all the stones in the item not just one unless the report is on a solitaire. This is fishy to me.
2 x

Gem Lover

@Spooky Adding up the beads will not work with this one because the beads are graduated and not all the same size. My whole concern is if the report is for just one bead then the rest could be fake for all I know, if they are going to give you a report on the item it should be on the whole item. If you get a report from a jeweler it is on all the stones in the item not just one unless the report is on a solitaire. This is fishy to me.
3 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 2 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
2 years ago
Gem Lover…you read my mind! I too bought one of those and I think it’s plastic! Also received it in a plastic bag…not even a pouch! Unbelievable! Definitely not worth the $147…or $143 can’t remember…but it wasn’t cheap! Very strange indeed! And the AIG report is just a copy…we all received the same report of one bead tested! You’re right…no joy delivered!
5 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 2 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
2 years ago
Take the necklace to a jeweler. If confirmed plastic instead of amber, returned it and ask for a refund. The item could be a return since it doesn’t came with its original box. Totally unacceptable. Wishing you the best, Gem Lover.
3 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 2 years ago

bluez wrote:
2 years ago
Did you try to verify it? Maybe that would reveal more info or at least be interesting.
https://aigllabs.com/verify-report/
bluez
Great idea. Good info bluez...Checked it out and yes, you can put the AIG number in to verify. Would love to know how that goes. I did find out that this piece is heat treated to add "sun spangles".
3 x