Ilikaka hot pink sapphire

WhiteWolf

Ilikaka hot pink sapphire

Post by WhiteWolf » 4 years ago

What kind of treatments, heat, irradiated, or color enhanced.
Thank you
Whitewolf
2 x

Topic Tags:

Spooky

Re: Ilikaka hot pink sapphire

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

It’s heated and fracture filled so
don’t clean it in an ultra sound cleaner.
Just a mild soap and an old toothbrush
2 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

They are fissure filled I believe.
2 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

WhiteWolf wrote:
4 years ago
Thank you
Whitewolf
WhiteWolf I purchased several pieces of Ilakaka hot pink sapphires and before doing so I saw this information on the Shop LC website about the stone:

Ilakaka Hot Pink Sapphire Treatment
This variety of pink sapphire gemstones undergoes heat treatment. The treatment is done to improve the clarity of the gem. It’s a stable treatment, and no extra care is required.

Caring for Ilakaka Hot Pink Sapphire
Ilakaka hot pink sapphire measures nine on the Mohs scale of hardness and has excellent toughness, making it a durable stone for regular wear. However, this gemstone should not be exposed to high heat as it could damage the stone’s color or clarity. Avoid harsh detergents when cleaning your stone. Avoid exposure to harsh chemicals. Ultrasonic cleaning and steam cleaning are usually safe.

The most reliable way to clean your Ilakaka hot pink sapphire is with a solution of warm, soapy water. Gently scrub the stone with a soft bristled brush, and rinse with fresh, cool water. Dry gently with a soft, lint-free cloth.

Also, despite good hardness Ilakaka hot pink sapphire can still be scratched, so it should be wrapped in a soft cloth and stored separately from other gemstones. Or, store your jewelry in a lined jewelry box designed precisely for this purpose.
1 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

When I saw the presentation of this sapphire, I wanted to have some pieces, but then I noticed that the sapphire is fissure filled so I didn’t buy any. And now I saw the new info and FF (Fissure filled) suddenly have disappeared.
3 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
When I saw the presentation of this sapphire, I wanted to have some pieces, but then I noticed that the sapphire is fissure filled so I didn’t buy any. And now I saw the new info and FF (Fissure filled) suddenly have disappeared.
Margui I don't doubt that the the info stated FF because I saw it as well. I am happy with the majority of the items bought (mostly rings) and only returned one of the pieces (a cross) because the stones were milky and scratched.
2 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
When ilakaka was first presented it was posted
online and on tv as fracture/fissure filled. I think
they took the information down because of returns.
For me the color is just ok but the clarity is terrible.
3 x

Moderator_Chris_R

Post by Moderator_Chris_R » 4 years ago

WhiteWolf wrote:
4 years ago
Thank you
Whitewolf
Hello WhiteWolf,

The Ilikaka Hot Pink Sapphire stone undergoes both heating and fissure filling treatments. Heating helps improve the color of the stone, while fissure filling improves the clarity of the stone.

Thank you for shopping with Shop LC!
0 x

ChiChi2

Post by ChiChi2 » 4 years ago

Got a solitaire ilikaka pink sapphire in the mail this morning. It has already been posted for a quick return. I don’t expect perfection, but easily 25% of the stone was discolored (brown). At first glance, I thought it was maybe a fiber/Cotten fiber that had gotten stuck to the stone as it was so obvious. This Stone should have never made it past quality control inspection.
1 x

What-a-gem

Post by What-a-gem » 4 years ago

I put Ilikaka pink sapphire in the same category as their black, brown and silver sapphire. They all look like cra* , wouldn’t spend a dime on any of them. :(
1 x