Insanity in $1 auctions!?

RobinJ

Insanity in $1 auctions!?

Post by RobinJ » 6 months ago

Certified & Appraised Luxoro 14K Yellow Gold AAA Boyaca Colombian Emerald and G-H I2 Diamond Ring (Size 7.0) 1.15 ctw
Price: $1749.99

Auction Price: $7907.00 :o :shock: :?
(So far- not over!)

So, have the people bidding like this lost their minds?
I just cannot understand. Why? I realize people can bid
whatever they want...but this kind of over bidding is ridiculous.
This ring is still available!! I wonder if this person will actually
pay for the auction?

I used to enjoy the auctions much more than now. Crazy bidders
are taking the fun out of it. If they pay, well way to go Shop LC.
If not, they need to be booted so real bids can have a chance.
Opinions???
7 x

Topic Tags:

BostonIrish

Re: Insanity in $1 auctions!?

Post by BostonIrish » 6 months ago

Robinj I so agree I have been saying this for a long time. M on purses and other items bids over 200 on something that u can buy 99! 🙄 I have talked to CS about this they don't do anything. I have been here for years and I don't understand why people that have jewelry stores buy from here what about that tax I'd number? Have a great day and hope you win!!🙂
3 x

GemfArMooom

Post by GemfArMooom » 6 months ago

I popped in earlier this week and bid on a few things. NOPE. Too high. Figured it'd be going lower since clearance is happening, but no.

Ah well, no loss!

And yes, that is INSANITY!
3 x

GemfArMooom

Post by GemfArMooom » 6 months ago

Um... also... Twilight Zone still happening....

this post is NOT FOUND on the forum anywhere... It"S GONE!!! But yet here I am still replying to it! :o :o :o
2 x

colljoe

Post by colljoe » 6 months ago

BostonIrish wrote:
6 months ago
Robinj I so agree I have been saying this for a long time. M on purses and other items bids over 200 on something that u can buy 99! 🙄 I have talked to CS about this they don't do anything. I have been here for years and I don't understand why people that have jewelry stores buy from here what about that tax I'd number? Have a great day and hope you win!!🙂
Hi Robinj and BostonIrish I so agree about the auctions. I rarely try anymore. In the old days it was fabulous. I built quite the extensive inventory in the early hours of the morning when no one was on. Now, I pop in now and then just to "try". If I win, great! But it's rare now. Be careful. But I am one of those that is a Vendor re-seller. Shop LC does not take Tax ID and claim they don't deal with that. But I am sure the big spenders have a special account with them. That is not me. The "finds" have to be good in order to re-sell and make money, but that can be quite possible here on Shop LC and sometimes other places as well, when they have their super clearances. As with anything, you have to be in the right place at the right time.
2 x

BostonIrish

Post by BostonIrish » 6 months ago

I am not talking about re sellers or vendors so sorry about that.😒 I was talking about a man on here who has a jewelry store in N.Y. who chuck is always talking about on tv oh look who it is He says so that's one of the heavy hitters bidding up the little guy. 🙄
3 x

RobinJ

Post by RobinJ » 6 months ago

GemfArMooom wrote:
6 months ago
Um... also... Twilight Zone still happening....

this post is NOT FOUND on the forum anywhere... It"S GONE!!! But yet here I am still replying to it! :o :o :o

Really? Wow, that's so messed up. Deleting posts does nothing to solve problems not change opinions. I'm surprised ShopLC would think it a good thing to do.
1 x