Losing gemstones because of prongs

Annaab

Losing gemstones because of prongs

Post by Annaab » 4 years ago

Poor setting of Stones, too smooth & they become like thin foil or prongs set with prongs catchy ALWAYS losing stones & I now buy from Evine & Hsn for better set rings
3 x

letsshop

Re: Losing gemstones because of prongs

Post by letsshop » 4 years ago

Same here, too many little stones falling out of my rings. The prongs are very rough and not pushed down to hold them. :(
4 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

Same here, However I knew better than to buy a ring w/ marquee or pear stones.... I usually only buy oval cut stones. The fire opal cluster ring I got today has two very sharp prongs on the marquee stones It’s not even red like it was on Jessica’s finger it’s orange, which I do love but w/ prongs can’t keep. Ever since the Big guy left things have gone downhill.
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I also have lost stones and I have had to take them to my jeweler for repair, I have to pick up 2 items that I had repaired and I am going to drop off another for the same issue. I purchased 3 of the same cuff bracelet but in different gemstones and I put one on the other day when they came in, all it did was catch on my shirt all day long and drove me nuts and now I have a bunch of pulls on my sleeve. I did not know if it was just me but I was thinking that quality has gone down hill and not just in how it is made but also gemstone quality, you do not even want to get me started on diamonds, I am returning a bracelet that is over $400 because most of the stones look brown or milky. I have only a couple diamond item that I have kept because all the rest I would have been embarrassed to wear.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

As far as their diamonds are concerned...I have never been interested in them. I have high grade diamonds and theirs clearly are not. I am worried because I think my husband purchased a recent TLV (center stone I was interested in) but it has diamonds in two colors on the ring. If the diamonds look like I suspect they will I will sadly have to explain to him. I know he got something today but don’t think he’s looked at it, he has purchased wonderful diamond jewelry for me and I am certain he will notice the difference. Too bad though.
3 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 4 years ago

It seems like some of my most worn rings from Shop LC are the $9.99 rings. I buy most of my pieces, and I have hundreds, from the auction site. I don’t consider Shop LC as a fine jewelry retailer, though I feel the same about the popular stores at the mall which charge a heck of a lot more than Shop LC. I too am disappointed in how many accent stones I have lost and not worth having replaced. I suppose I should have saved the $ from all of the $20-$30 purchases I made and used it towards purchases of actual fine jewelry. But I have to admit that the auction site is my addiction.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I think the auctions are fun too. I originally found this place because I was looking for more jewelry in colored stones and didn’t have many options here locally that I liked. I too don’t shop mall jewelers and there is only one independent jeweler here that like. This place is my guilty pleasure for sure. I got a couple of nice rings at auction the other day (haven’t received yet) that I am excited about!
5 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

I have been a customer for years and never have a problem with gems been loose. But anyways, I will took some pieces to be inspected because some gems are no easy to replace.
3 x

josey

Post by josey » 4 years ago

Tothemoon wrote:
4 years ago
It seems like some of my most worn rings from Shop LC are the $9.99 rings. I buy most of my pieces, and I have hundreds, from the auction site. I don’t consider Shop LC as a fine jewelry retailer, though I feel the same about the popular stores at the mall which charge a heck of a lot more than Shop LC. I too am disappointed in how many accent stones I have lost and not worth having replaced. I suppose I should have saved the $ from all of the $20-$30 purchases I made and used it towards purchases of actual fine jewelry. But I have to admit that the auction site is my addiction.
It used to be my addiction too! Glad i am not alone! But now i am basically out of it! I have So many little boxes around.....the auction was my relaxation after work, but I'd still be in the office. For about 3 years I was SO addicted to this auction! Now I check it out a few times a year. But i bought so much in the past (and have given away lots of earrings for gifts) that i rarely want anything from here anymore, but did succumb to 2 leather bags today----now there is the tax, which there was not before. Glad that for all of my winnings before today, there was no tax!
2 x