clothing and the unreliable sizing

JewelryQueen

clothing and the unreliable sizing

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

What oh what to do!!!! I am a size 14 or a 16 i f needed my for hip action. So where does this "one size fits most" malarkey come from? Just say size twelve and below for gosh sake! The only exception that went WAAAAY the other direction was a cardigan I just bought and due to my prior experiences I got it in XXL-XXXL. I could fit 4 of me in this one. And the sleeves were so long a mountain gorilla could wear this just fine. Keep in mind that I have some long arms and can slap you from across the room. The only things that ever fit was a pair of PJs and an umbrella dress. Bottom line I won't be buying any more duds from this site period. Do not even start me up about the supposedly size 20 denim jumper that was maybe a 12!!
6 x

Gemsnob

Re: clothing and the unreliable sizing

Post by Gemsnob » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
What oh what to do!!!! I am a size 14 or a 16 i f needed my for hip action. So where does this "one size fits most" malarkey come from? Just say size twelve and below for gosh sake! The only exception that went WAAAAY the other direction was a cardigan I just bought and due to my prior experiences I got it in XXL-XXXL. I could fit 4 of me in this one. And the sleeves were so long a mountain gorilla could wear this just fine. Keep in mind that I have some long arms and can slap you from across the room. The only things that ever fit was a pair of PJs and an umbrella dress. Bottom line I won't be buying any more duds from this site period. Do not even start me up about the supposedly size 20 denim jumper that was maybe a 12!!
I bought a coat. Thats all I will buy since they cannot be specific. OSFA isnt going to cut it. Women are all shapes and sizes. OSFA works for gloves, not dresses and shirts,etc.
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
I ordered a puffer jacket in size that should have been roomy for me...not! It was a bit snug but I kept due to bulky return hassle (just won't wear w/thick sweaters). After that, I also ordered the camo top w/ruffled bottom 3 sizes up...it fits fine!! I don't plan to order any more clothing because SLC's sizing is just all over the place. I'm sorry your orders don't fit. I'd send them back.
5 x

Gemsnob

I bought a blue puffer coat in a large and it wont even zip. I will see if my daughter wants it. There sizes arent consistent at all. I thought a large would fit as Im usually a 10-12.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
I bought a blue puffer coat in a large and it wont even zip. I will see if my daughter wants it. There sizes arent consistent at all. I thought a large would fit as Im usually a 10-12.
I just clicked over and they are showing AV jackets. I’m sorry... but on what PLANET is a size 10 an XL?

I have a fashion/design degree so I know just a bit about this stuff. Where EXACTLY are they getting their fit models?

No wonder these are a close out.
5 x

Gemsnob

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
I just clicked over and they are showing AV jackets. I’m sorry... but on what PLANET is a size 10 an XL?

I have a fashion/design degree so I know just a bit about this stuff. Where EXACTLY are they getting their fit models?

The coat I purchased sold a day or two before they started showing all the AV coats. I probably should have asked what size I needed. I do know when they sell the support wear and bras, its diffcult to figure out what size you need even online. I thought about buying one of those bras for my daughter because she is tiny everywhere but her chest and she has scoliosis but I gave up after reading reviews.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

The coat I purchased sold a day or two before they started showing all the AV coats. I probably should have asked what size I needed. I do know when they sell the support wear and bras, its diffcult to figure out what size you need even online. I thought about buying one of those bras for my daughter because she is tiny everywhere but her chest and she has scoliosis but I gave up after reading reviews.
Well, they definitely need to get their sizing charts for EACH ITEM. I ordered a JC coat as a gift. I never was given any size specs so I guessed. The coat is very large and we are thinking it might be too big. There are no more in stock. So, give a too large jacket and hope it fits? I mean...it’s for a girl in Oregon and they have to layer because it’s very cold and lots of snow. Maybe. It’s a cute as can be though, and extremely well made.
I should have ordered several.
4 x

Gemsnob

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago

Well, they definitely need to get their sizing charts for EACH ITEM. I ordered a JC coat as a gift. I never was given any size specs so I guessed. The coat is very large and we are thinking it might be too big. There are no more in stock. So, give a too large jacket and hope it fits? I mean...it’s for a girl in Oregon and they have to layer because it’s very cold and lots of snow. Maybe. It’s a cute as can be though, and extremely well made.
If shes outdoorsy, she may like that is large enough to layer. I dont know but you are right, they need to get their sizing charts for every item posted online before it airs. Other networks do this without issue. If they cannot then get out of offering clothing because they aren't doing it well.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago

If shes outdoorsy, she may like that is large enough to layer. I dont know but you are right, they need to get their sizing charts for every item posted online before it airs. Other networks do this without issue. If they cannot then get out of offering clothing because they aren't doing it well.
Exactly! I know the ponchos and things like that they sell because they don’t have to carry multiples in multiple sizes.
I don’t know how outdoorsy she is but they do wear layers because even going across campus they get wet and cold. It’s wayyyyy too large for me or I would keep it and buy her another kind. My daughter knows she will LOVE the style and thinks it may only be one size too large.
That may not be a big issue. Nothing worse than having a great jacket but you can only wear a thin shirt underneath.
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
4 years ago
Sorry your puffer coat didn't fit but hope it will work for your daughter. I ordered XL thinking it would be a roomy fit (I'm 10-12 too) but at least it's not so tight I can't wear like yours unfortunately. I like puffer jackets/coats because they're so lightweight yet warm. I ended up buying another one locally (XL) which does give me the roomy fit for thicker sweaters, etc. SLC's sizing is inconsistent & different brands would make it difficult to confidently order correct size, so no more clothing for me from SLC.
3 x