clothing and the unreliable sizing

JewelryQueen

Re: clothing and the unreliable sizing

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

Seems to me a simple solution would be to put the bust, length, and or hip and waist sizes in inches. Surely inches are the same in India, China, etc. What a concept! Do you think Danielle could suggest this? I have trouble shopping elsewhere as I cannot drive and depend on the grace of others to get around.
3 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Seems to me a simple solution would be to put the bust, length, and or hip and waist sizes in inches. Surely inches are the same in India, China, etc. What a concept! Do you think Danielle could suggest this? I have trouble shopping elsewhere as I cannot drive and depend on the grace of others to get around.
I agree, shopping from home is so convenient for many reasons. Maybe Danielle can make an impact where needed. As posted previously, there should be an accurate sizing chart for each brand on line so everyone can be happy with purchases, without the guesswork & disappointment.
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Ahhhh...the sizing from China.

I've ordered clothing from A, and many came from China. They're sizing is so different from USA sizing.

The well known sellers put up a graph with the sizes for different countries. Shoulders, Bust, Sleeve Length, Length of back of item, Length of front of item.

I learned quickly that a size M in China, is something that would fit a child, here. Also, their sizing can be extremely inconsistent.

And if you want to layer things, sometimes I've had to order their 5X just to get the normal "Boyfriend's Sweater" look.

@RS
I myself prefer my cold weather jackets and coats to be "roomy." I don't wear a thin top under a cold weather coat or jacket, because when you take it off indoors, wherever that may be, it's usually still chilly.

I think she'll love it!
3 x