Juicy Couture Plaid Jacket

RS

Juicy Couture Plaid Jacket

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I got one in blue as a gift.

I missed the presentation (like I missed one for a ring I wanted to see, they showed it a bit earlier) but I am pretty sure the description for the jacket said it was poly filled.

Well that’s not all...it’s 15% DOWN.

I could not for the life of me figure out whyyyyy there were little feathers around. I had opened the jacket and put it up in my Cove where I am wrapping gifts. I had feathers on me and up in the room.
They were not feathers from my parrots. I went to look at the jacket again and they are coming out through the jacket. Ugh!!!!

Well down is nice. Coming through the fabric...not so much.

Going to put it in the dryer on air only to see if that helps.

Btw...it’s as cute as can be. Really nice quality too (well other than molting!!!)
5 x

Gem Lover

Re: Juicy Couture Plaid Jacket

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I had a down filled winter jacket that did the same thing, it was so embarrassing when I went out to dinner and took off my jacket, I later went to the ladies room and when I looked in the mirror I saw I had feathers all over my black sweater, front and back, I wondered how many people had noticed, I tried putting it in the dryer and it just kept happening so I had to get rid of it.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I had a down filled winter jacket that did the same thing, it was so embarrassing when I went out to dinner and took off my jacket, I later went to the ladies room and when I looked in the mirror I saw I had feathers all over my black sweater, front and back, I wondered how many people had noticed, I tried putting it in the dryer and it just kept happening so I had to get rid of it.
Thanks. Good to know. This is a gift. If the dryer doesn’t take care of it, it’s coming right back SLC. And then ANOTHER THING I have to go get as a replacement!
2 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

I just can't get past Juicy Couture making clothing items...just so use to the designer perfumes. I hope the dryer does the trick!
3 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Seems those jackets are not cruelty-free. Poor birds! The pain they had to endure to fill those jackets with their feathers. No thanks!😢
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
Seems those jackets are not cruelty-free. Poor birds! The pain they had to endure to fill those jackets with their feathers. No thanks!😢
Hopefully, and I really really hope so that these were cruelty free and the down was a by-product of the meat industry.
2 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Margui wrote:
4 years ago
This is good to know information!
1 x