Zip Robes

Catticus

Re: Zip Robes

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Ginger wrote: ↑
4 years ago
Oh my goodness Cat that’s hilarious 🀣 Did she buy the size 3x robe on ShopLC? I’ve not seen those larger sizes, these were like a large from what they were modeling. It was funny trying to watch it because she was acting like it was such a special and unique item :lol: Ginger
Ginger, I have truly fond memories of my mother wearing a late 60s, early 70s, zip robe. The kind that were a solid color with the second color being similar but a lighter (or darker) shade, in a stripe down the front of the robe where the zipper was. And where the zipper was, I believe that part of the fabric was a thin cream colored stripe.

Hers was a dusky pink and the stripe was a darker pink.

"Unique"! Why, Sea...s & Roe....s, JC P, and other stores carried them wayyyyy back!

Soon, when K M..., Targ.., W opened, they've been everywhere. Anyone remember Zod...ys? A Targ like place.

Those robes are even on an older episode of "Roseanne"! Dan her hubby gives her one for Mother's Day, and Rs sister Jackie feels the arm while R is wearing it (though grudgingly) and says with feined enthusiasm:
"Wowwwwwwwwww! That...feels...flame retardant!"

Those were the kind made with fabric that caused static electricity, unless you used a fabric softener! Of course there were, and are soft, comfy ones. My mom's was soft. But then, she's always been The Laundry Queen! She could and still can, get anything clean, and soft!
πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜†πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…
4 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 4 years ago

It’s the only kind of robe I have worn for years. Love them and all the extra protection of my robe not flying open when I am walking the dogs πŸ˜‚ don’t think my neighbors would enjoy that πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ I’ve bought mine from W**mart for years. Have purple, ivory, blue and pink ones and love them all. Both my grandmothers wore the zip robes too. I hope you, your twin and parents enjoyed the holiday Cat, as I am getting older, every little moment means so much more to me. I wish you a wonderful Friday and hopefully they will get more of these unique robes in larger sizes πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ Ginger
4 x

Catticus

4 years ago
It’s the only kind of robe I have worn for years. Love them and all the extra protection of my robe not flying open when I am walking the dogs πŸ˜‚ don’t think my neighbors would enjoy that πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ I’ve bought mine from W**mart for years. Have purple, ivory, blue and pink ones and love them all. Both my grandmothers wore the zip robes too. I hope you, your twin and parents enjoyed the holiday Cat, as I am getting older, every little moment means so much more to me. I wish you a wonderful Friday and hopefully they will get more of these unique robes in larger sizes πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ Ginger
Thank you so much, Ginger!
🌲🌸πŸ₯°πŸŒΈπŸŒ²

You know, I've been thinking of getting a robe, but I don't really want one with a belt to keep it closed.

I think you've given me just the right suggestion! πŸ’ž

Enjoy your weekend, Ginger!
πŸŒΊπŸ‘˜πŸŒΊ
3 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

4 years ago
Oh my goodness Cat that’s hilarious 🀣 Did she buy the size 3x robe on ShopLC? I’ve not seen those larger sizes, these were like a large from what they were modeling. It was funny trying to watch it because she was acting like it was such a special and unique item :lol: Ginger
Maybe for her it was a rare find. She might not shop
at the W store. I’ve never seen one in the stores
here but a friend of mine is always wearing hers so
they’re in the marketplace somewhere.
3 x

Ginger

Have a wonderful weekend for you too Cat, I think you are going to love the zip robe and it will bring back lots of happy memories when you wear it. Please let me know what kind you get. Now I’m in the mood for a new one myself πŸ˜‚ happy shopping πŸŽ‰πŸŒΉπŸ‘›πŸ₯³
2 x

Ginger

Hi Spooky, they have them at lots of department stores besides W**Mart :lol: I hope you have a lovely weekend Spooky πŸŒΉπŸŒŸπŸ™πŸ»
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

These have been around since the earth's crust cooled (like me). My Grandmother that raised me had a really gorgeous one in a merlot color velvet. She got it for Christmas one year and dearly loved it. Sweet as she was she made all us kids eat oatmeal every day for breakfast. Sweet as she was when she cooked oatmeal it came out the texture of lumps of snot. I spent some time training myself to puke on command. So...one morning when she was wearing it (for a change) I gobbled up every bite...purposefully leaned over the table and cut loose all over the front of her robe. Afterwards I was the only one who did not have to eat oatmeal for breakfast anymore. So now who was the snot? me or the oatmeal? In all fairness I had warned Aiti that if she made me eat oatmeal one more time I was going to throw it up. Guess you can rationalize anything
3 x

Catticus

JewelryQueen wrote: ↑
4 years ago
These have been around since the earth's crust cooled (like me). My Grandmother that raised me had a really gorgeous one in a merlot color velvet. She got it for Christmas one year and dearly loved it. Sweet as she was she made all us kids eat oatmeal every day for breakfast. Sweet as she was when she cooked oatmeal it came out the texture of lumps of snot. I spent some time training myself to puke on command. So...one morning when she was wearing it (for a change) I gobbled up every bite...purposefully leaned over the table and cut loose all over the front of her robe. Afterwards I was the only one who did not have to eat oatmeal for breakfast anymore. So now who was the snot? me or the oatmeal? In all fairness I had warned Aiti that if she made me eat oatmeal one more time I was going to throw it up. Guess you can rationalize anything
πŸ˜„πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜„πŸ€£πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚
1 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

P. S. Yes I got it at SLC. I was telling a friend of mine about the size issue and she actually watches the presentations on live tv and said that one of the fellows bigger than Tener was modeling one and it was big on him. I cannot watch because it drives me crazy ot I would have known. This one has sherpa at the neck and at the top of the pockets if that helps.
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote: ↑
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote: ↑
4 years ago
πŸ˜„πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜„πŸ€£πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚
I was going to have oatmeal for breakfast ......dont think I can now 🀒🀒🀒🀒🀒
Just checked fridge......left over pizza it is !.😊
3 x