Who's Driving Up Prices in Auctions?

fallnstar

Re: Who's Driving Up Prices in Auctions?

Post by fallnstar » 3 years ago

I'm sure they have employee s working behind the scenes to prevent us from winning an item at a very low pricen& they will bid them selves to get price higher. They should just admit they have a reserve price.

Oh, & I have received & Returned ( not natural') gemstones..
A supposed blue Zircon (no) & a Golden south sea pearl (no way, no nacre) I own A.Seas, Tahitians, ect.

I've been a collector for over 30+ years.
0 x

fallnstar

Post by fallnstar » 3 years ago

I'm sure they have employee s working behind the scenes to prevent us from winning an item at a very low pricen& they will bid them selves to get price higher. They should just admit they have a reserve price.

Oh, & I have received & Returned ( not natural') gemstones..
A supposed blue Zircon (no) & a Golden south sea pearl (no way, no nacre) I own A.Seas, Tahitians, ect.

I've been a collector for over 30+ years.
1 x

RikkM

Post by RikkM » 3 years ago

welcome to the RA (ridiculous....racket....random....Auctions) being new here too @msplumuniq I complained here as well, only to do some reading to notice that this is a HUGE problem and Shop LC intends to do nothing about it. There are written comments from mods that there are no bots artificially increasing the prices and since they are willing to put it in writing, I think it would be foolish if it were really in fact happening. That being said, no matter who is doing what, the problem still remains. Good folks like @RS, @Jacee, and many others here have chimed in and affirmed to my post what I had been reading from others.

Welcome to the club!

Don't expect any results, except elevated blood pressure and angst issues.
1 x