Recommendations

GElliot

Recommendations

Post by GElliot » 2 years ago

Hello forum friends. I have a question for those of you that have purchased and have kept kaftans. I've not had great luck with clothing here but I read about those of you with kaftans and you seem really pleased. I am always hot. I don't know how breathable the fabric is. Also, do you prefer short or long. How do they wash? Do you do anything special like hang dry or avoid fabric softener? I'd really appreciate your recommendations. Enjoy your Sunday!
7 x

anniebelle

Re: Recommendations

Post by anniebelle » 2 years ago

GElliot wrote:
2 years ago
Hello forum friends. I have a question for those of you that have purchased and have kept kaftans. I've not had great luck with clothing here but I read about those of you with kaftans and you seem really pleased. I am always hot. I don't know how breathable the fabric is. Also, do you prefer short or long. How do they wash? Do you do anything special like hang dry or avoid fabric softener? I'd really appreciate your recommendations. Enjoy your Sunday!
If you are always hot, I would recommend the short ones, if you're not too modest. I find the microfiber to be much cooler than the satin. I throw mine in the wash on perm press, then in the dryer as well. Easy peasey, no wrinkles!
7 x

Mermaidskies

Post by Mermaidskies » 2 years ago

GElliot wrote:
2 years ago
Hi G😎

I’m not always hot but in summer it gets hot here…I mean HOT! I love both kinds, long and short.

I wear the long ones first thing in the morning when having coffee, before I start my day. For the long ones my preference is the satin ones. I just think the fabric is more substantial and sturdy. I am wearing a long one all day today, relax day. It is quite hot and I am so comfy.

The short ones I wear on an almost daily basis here in the summer. For those I really like the polyester (I know you’d think it would be hot but because the things are so loose and flowy they are nice and cool). The poly ones don’t wrinkle easily either. I do have several of the rayon, the ones that have a type of a linen “hand”. Those do wrinkle but are lovely.

I pair the short ones with Capri pants or leggings and sandals. My summer uniform. Jewelry, hat or hair accessories and sunglasses…good to go!

I do not, at all, like viscose. It is a weak fabric, doesn’t wash well and shrinks.

Washing is super easy! I wash them in cold, delicate. Hang to dry. Since they are so light they will dry quickly. If I am in a rush and just have to have a certain one I just washed I hang it outside and it will dry in literally minutes.

You can dry in the dryer but I don’t dry most of my clothing and as I said these dry so fast.

Oh yeah, no need to iron the poly ones (includes poly-satin). The rayon ones I do press but a kaftan is the easiest thing to iron. It’s just a big rectangle and since so light no need to do all sides…just lay flat and zip-zop a quick press!

HTH😎🥰
7 x

GElliot

@anniebelle
@Mermaidskies
Thank you very much! I appreciate your help. Enjoy your Sunday!! 💗
6 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 2 years ago

I love the viscose fabric, I have many of the umbrella dress's in that fabric. It is much cooler then the other fabrics and it never wrinkles, I just wash them on cold and hang them on a hanger to dry which only takes about 30 to 40 minutes and I have never had one shrink that way. I also have many of both lengths of Kaftans and love those as well.
5 x

GElliot

Gem Lover wrote:
2 years ago
I love the viscose fabric, I have many of the umbrella dress's in that fabric. It is much cooler then the other fabrics and it never wrinkles, I just wash them on cold and hang them on a hanger to dry which only takes about 30 to 40 minutes and I have never had one shrink that way. I also have many of both lengths of Kaftans and love those as well.
Thank you Gem Lover.
2 x