Croc Faux Leather 3-Tier Jewelry Organizer

Bella

Re: Croc Faux Leather 3-Tier Jewelry Organizer

Post by Bella » 7 months ago

I purchased two of the Croc Faux Leather jewelry boxes and none of the lids stay open!
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 7 months ago

Bella wrote:
7 months ago
I purchased two of the Croc Faux Leather jewelry boxes and none of the lids stay open!
Is it because the ribbon is too short?
1 x

Ginger

Post by Ginger » 7 months ago

Oh no, Bluez you talked me into buying that turquoise box last night and I used the coupon. I hope it is a nice jewelry organizer and I will probably just snip the satin ribbon off, that’s what I have done with 2 others that I received as gifts, but I use them for loose gemstones along with the gem jars I bought from jtv.
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 7 months ago

Ginger wrote:
7 months ago
Oh no, Bluez you talked me into buying that turquoise box last night and I used the coupon. I hope it is a nice jewelry organizer and I will probably just snip the satin ribbon off, that’s what I have done with 2 others that I received as gifts, but I use them for loose gemstones along with the gem jars I bought from jtv.
I have gem jars from jtv too. I have the clear ones with the "film" so you can see the gem from top and bottom and dont have to take it out and I have the regular ones with like padding. They come in the nice black case with lid. Im bummed that they dont really sell nice parcels anymore. I used to get nice gems that way.
1 x

Ginger

Wow are you a collector like I am?? I have hundreds of loose gems and have both kinds of gem jars you’re talking about. I wish we could post pictures again on here. I love those and Cheryl always sold many of them. I have one loose tanzanite that’s a 1.50 carat and AAA and they joked that it was a foval, a fat oval 😂 I’m so happy to meet a another gem collector. I wish ShopLC would sell more gems and they used to sell the jewelry making kits and some gem jars
2 x

Gemsnob

Ginger wrote:
7 months ago
Wow are you a collector like I am?? I have hundreds of loose gems and have both kinds of gem jars you’re talking about. I wish we could post pictures again on here. I love those and Cheryl always sold many of them. I have one loose tanzanite that’s a 1.50 carat and AAA and they joked that it was a foval, a fat oval 😂 I’m so happy to meet a another gem collector. I wish ShopLC would sell more gems and they used to sell the jewelry making kits and some gem jars
Im a semi collector. I prefer my gems in jewelry so I can wear them. So yes, I collect but not so much loose gems unless Im making a specific piece for myself and having trouble finding what I want. I do have some morganite, tanzanite, kunzite, aquamarine, spinel, zircon. Not all are huge stones. Some are a set of various colors of zircon.
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 7 months ago

Gemsnob wrote:
7 months ago
Ginger wrote:
7 months ago
Im a semi collector. I prefer my gems in jewelry so I can wear them. So yes, I collect but not so much loose gems unless Im making a specific piece for myself and having trouble finding what I want. I do have some morganite, tanzanite, kunzite, aquamarine, spinel, zircon. Not all are huge stones. Some are a set of various colors of zircon.
I wish I had the patience and talent to make my own pieces 😊
1 x

Gemsnob

Gypsy wrote:
7 months ago
Gemsnob wrote:
7 months ago
Ginger wrote:
7 months ago
I wish I had the patience and talent to make my own pieces 😊
Its not hard. Im not a silversmith. I take a stone and put it in a setting. Years ago, I bought a kit from JTV. They called it a "Bench Jewelers Kit". It has the tools needed to lift prongs and to put them back in place. I often replace a stone I find on the RA on a ring with one I have and like better. I cant do anything complicated like bezel setting or pave or micro pave. Just simple things. And I can string beads.
1 x

Ginger

I would love to see some of your jewelry work, I bet it’s beautiful Gemsnob. I remember watching Kim, that’s from ShopLC, was on JTV doing the jewelry making shows years ago. ShopLC did videos on jewelry making back in the day and even Josh, the producer, was making jewelry. But they don’t do this anymore, they used to sell many things to make your own jewelry even the jewelry mats. I’ve had all this and miss so many things from the old ShopLC
3 x

Gemsnob

Ginger wrote:
7 months ago
I would love to see some of your jewelry work, I bet it’s beautiful Gemsnob. I remember watching Kim, that’s from ShopLC, was on JTV doing the jewelry making shows years ago. ShopLC did videos on jewelry making back in the day and even Josh, the producer, was making jewelry. But they don’t do this anymore, they used to sell many things to make your own jewelry even the jewelry mats. I’ve had all this and miss so many things from the old ShopLC
When JTV first started Jewel School, I ordered a set of dvds. Thats how I learned. I never learned wire wrapping, just simple earrings, necklaces and bracelets using jewelry wire and findings. JTV also sold semi mounts for pendants , rings and earrings so I did buy some ring mounts and thats how I learned to set stones. I dont even know if they still sell semi mounts. I havent made jewelry in a long time. I think about it but thats as far as I get.
1 x